I have thought of that a few times this week as my 4-year-old has been trying to refine me into a strong, patient mother. Time after time, he has been into the fridge eating the shredded romano cheese. I should have ran to get my camera when I walked in to find several dollars worth of cheese piles on the kitchen floor. I should have kept my cool a little better when I found little pieces cut out of a scrapbook page I was working on. I did finally remember to get my camera when my son wanted to go outside and play with his sister but refused to put his own socks on, ordering everyone else to do it for him. The camera thing really works. It takes the edge off the frustration. He finally did decide to get some socks out of his drawer so he could go out.
Most parents go through the "terrible twos" with their kids. Is there such a thing as "the frustrating fours?" I think I'd trade it for the terrible twos right now! Every age has its stages, I guess, and at least he is just as cute and sweet as he is frustrating!
11 comments:
It is possible to have a terrible (fill in the blank with your child's age)! My son's been having one this entire week. It is such a joy! I would grab my camera and take a picture of some of the current ridiculous tantrums but, oh ya, he broke my camera this week. Just grin and bear it and know there will be better (and sadly some worse)days ahead! Love ya!
I am so glad that my little ones aren't the ONLY ones who still throw fits. I am going to now put my camera around my neck during the day:)Great Post!
Oh my heck! Isn't it funny how easy they can pull you down to their level. I find myself debating with a four year old all the time, and I have to remind myself, "Katie, he's only 4, he can think that it's called Red Monsters not Red Lobsters all he wants!" I hear you on the Frustrating 4's all the way!
Every age definatly has it's own set of challenges! I love that as moms we can rely on each other and learn how to parent better by hearing that we are not alone! Bless the internet because it keeps us all sane and connected!
Hey how do you know these people. I found you on their blog page. My cousin Mindi is married to Mike Smith and these are his cousins....small world.
Melanie
Sorry forgot to leave the link http://bentanelle.blogspot.com/
Melanie
I am so glad that my kids aren't the only ones who do that kind of stuff.
My sympayhies. B is quite the handful right now. Thanks for the reminder to take time to enjoy at least some of the frustrating times.
Every stage has it's challenges... and every time I think we are doing better or growing out of it... another struggle begins. Patience, right? Easier said then done.
My oldest is a "testing three" and soon will be a "frustrating four" I just can't get over the contrasts, sweetness and light one mine and a terror the next! Glad to know it is an age thing!
these are the days, Tristie. Just imagine yourself as an old lady... drinking lemonade on your porch... wishing that you had a 4 year old to argue with. life is full of fun, frustrating times. so glad we are able to capture (and record) the little moments.
Post a Comment