Here is a salute to lessons learned (or re-learned) this week:
I learned that if I want someone to stop ripping, poking, bending, or writing on my stuff, I need to make the room that stuff is in off-limits.
I learned that I hate feeling pressured - to make a decision, to accomplish a task- especially if there isn't adequate time.
I learned that this was not a good week to volunteer our family to clean the church.
I learned that kids trash or outgrow clothes way too quickly to buy them expensive stuff.
I learned that husbands have their limits. Leaving them home with a baby that cries for an hour is one of those limits.
I learned that when my mommy radar goes off, telling me to go home and check on my baby, I need to listen.
I learned that I love (and miss) the conveniences of a city.
I learned that I need to learn to shop online better.
I learned I can live anywhere, if I have friends.
I learned that everyone needs a meal or two (or three) taken to them after they have a baby, even if the husband is perfectly able to cook. It isn't just about the meal.
I learned that it is going to get more and more complicated to move.
I learned that Trix cereal is freaking disgusting. Bleh.
I learned that I desperately need my in-laws to bring my stroller next time they come. This baby is HEAVY.
I've learned that I need to make more time to be with and talk to my husband, one-on-one.
I've learned that it is very tricky to be with or talk to anyone (especially another adult) one-on-one when you have a crazy baby attached to your hip from 8am to 10pm.
I've learned that I am much happier when I listen to fun music regularly.
I've learned that I am the luckiest gal around to have 3 beautiful, healthy children and a loyal, funny, loving, hard-working, always-has-my-back husband.
14 comments:
Haha. I love you!
P.S. Trix is yummy! YUM! jk
Great Post, I always love your ideas (and miss them)!
Motherhood is the biggest learning curve I've ever experienced. PS You rock the cub scout uniform!
Tristie - I relearned that I love sisters! LOVE YOU and can't wait to see you.
Tristie
I feel ya and agree with everything but the TRIX. More for the rest of us i guess. You are more creative and more fun and beautiful than any one person should be! Love you Trina
Live and learn. Life is truly an adventure. Everyday can't be perfect. You're wonderful.
I totally agree with you about Trix cereal. EWWW.
Corn Pops on the other hand ...
What is that you are wearing and why do you look so darn cute in it? I wonder if my scout district would let me get away with a blue shirt. It's much cuter than yellow.
Are you in CubScouts?
Oh Tristie how I wish you lived in the city, or somewhere close to it! We NEED to get together. Summer is coming and my kid gets out of school on June 5. We need to arrange something, I don't care if I have to meet you half way. Love that chubby baby!!!
Fabulous post. I love that we are always learning stuff everyday. Wouldn't it be boring if we quit learning? Also, love the scout uniform. I can't believe you fit into a scout uniform, well actually, I can, but still, you look darling!
Tristi, what a great post, I think about things I learn daily and usually just forget them the next day only to relearn them once again!
Love the things you learned... Isn't that what life is about? Constantly learning?
you couldn't be any cuter! pretty much you are one of my favorite people! I always love your outlook on things..
Post a Comment