
I missed the last Making Memories warehouse sale because it was the week before Mack was due to be born. I wasn't so sure I wanted to try and do this one either, because my baby has to come everywhere his food source is and this is just not the kind of environment a baby belongs in. I debated on what to do and thought a lot about bagging it altogether, but part of me would not let the fact that I have a nursing baby stop me from having fun. So Dax and the big kids ended up coming to Salt Lake with Mack and me for the weekend and I dragged my sweet husband to Centerville to be with Mack while I shopped. For those scrapbookers who don't know about the bi-annual warehouse sale, it is at the Making Memories warehouse in Centerville and it is going on until Friday. Everything there is 50% or more off retail price. It is a ton of fun and a great way to stock up on supplies for the year (or decade). The door opens at 10am and this is my friend saving me a place in line out front when I got there at 9:55. I have to say that this was one
of the more mellow sales I've gone to as there were not many boxes being jabbed into me. Don't get the wrong idea, everyone who attends is always very nice and polite, but the way you shop at the first morning of the sale is you and your friends each take an aisle and you frantically grab 2 of everything (or however many people are in your party), throw it in your box and then sort through it all later. Then you get in line for about an hour or more to pay for it all. I know it sounds crazy and that is because it is. If you go in the afternoon, it is almost dead and if you hate crowds and aren't into lots of ladies grabbing over your shoulder for stuff, then the afternoon is the way to go.Then after the sale, we headed to Bajio Grill to regain our strength. It was fun having my husband and baby be apart of our girl bonding time; I am happy Dax was there. A big thanks to him for being such a great sport. We made it safely back home that night and I quickly got the kids to bed so I could play with my new toys. I put the baby to bed on the floor in the front room since my scrapbook room is also the baby's room. Here is me with my sacks of goodies...
And here is my happy pile of loot...
10 comments:
Wow, that sounds fun! I never knew they did a sell like that. I usually have to pay full price so that would be nice! It looks like you got alot of good things.
OH....I am so jealous. I love the elbows and grabbing everything and as you stand in line you go through everything and when you get home you are surprised at half the stuff you bought. Your scrapbook set-up is awesome! Beats the kitchen by a long shot:) I am glad you have somewhere to let the creative juices flow! Happy Scraping!
whoops........I mean scrapping
Oooh, I'm coveting. How cute is your scrapbook room? Well, scrapbook wall, I guess :)
Suuweeeet! I saw an ad in the paper about this warehouse sale. Maybe I should make the little trip up to Centerville. Do you think any good stuff would be left? Love your scrapper room too.
That is SOOOO fabulous!
Snaps to Dax.
I LOVE your crafting area. Can you take some pictures of it and show me how you organize it? I am always looking for new ideas!
I wish that Teilani scrapbooked so I could send her to stock up for me.
Have fun using your goods!
How fun Trist!! I wish I could have came down to play with you... Matts probably happy that I couldn't (for $$ sake). It looks like you've got some WAY fun things. Now start scrapping and then post your beautiful pages so I can see them!!!
Tristie you are so much fun! I can't wait to see all the neat pages you make from your fun shopping spree!
Dang I missed it! I went last time and I was seriously scared for my life! There are some crazy scrapbook ladies out there that will take your arm off for whatever you have in your hand. I did get a lot of good stuff though. What a fun outing. Jared would never have let me live that one down.
I'm glad you ladies had so much fun! I finally hit it on Thursday and there wasn't anything really exciting left. Bad for me, good for our checking account!!
Post a Comment