Lance is the sibling just older than me. I am proud of him. He has been sober for 819 days. He has been smoke-free since January. Everyone has daily challenges, but I think addiction is a particularly difficult battle to fight. I saw this quote and instantly thought of him.
"Every day you make progress. Every step may be fruitful. Yet there will stretch out before you and ever-lengthening, ever-ascending, ever-improving path. You know you will never get to the end of the journey. But this, so far from discouraging, only adds to the joy and glory of the climb." -Sir Winston Churchhill
8 comments:
Congrats to your Brother! I love the line "every step MAYBE fruitful" We are always moving either forwards or backwards. We need to make sure that every step we do take is a "fruitful" one that can benefit our lives or/and the lives of those around us. Thanks for the quote! I am a quote lovin girl!
Lance looks so good. The last time I saw him was probably 7 or 8 years ago when I just happened to be hanging out with some friends and we went over to his house. It was really good to see him then and I had no idea he had been having problems. I am very proud of him too. Addiction is horrible and I give serious props to anyone who can make it through that. Good for him. He looks so great....so do you!
Tina
Lance looks so much like your Dad! Good for him, addiction is a tough hurdle for many people! What a huge accomplishment!
Family is so great to see. What an accomplishment for Lance, he's so lucky to have you and your fam for supporters!
So fun to have visitor. I promise we'll make it there this summer. That's awesome about your brother, and I love the Winston Churchill quote. On a totally different note, I love that you change up your photos on the side. So cute!!!
Addiction is so hard! I have a brother that is struggling with it too. Good for your brother... it's tough!
Oh, I really like Lance. Congrats to him! Everyday should be a celebration!
your brother is dang attractive..
*anonymous warner brother.
Post a Comment