2/6/08

I'm a Toys 'R' Us Kid








I have been wanting to take my kids to Toys 'R' Us since they've never been, and this visit to S. Lake was the time. I realized that they would not be content to just look around once we were there; they would want everything. So a week before we went, I had them do jobs to earn money. I don't have a ton of jobs they can do. I mean, you can only vacuum and mop the floor so much. But we went to Grandma and Grandpa's and they saved the day with lots of things the kids could do to earn money. They were so excited to go to the store! And I admit, I was too-- I love Toys 'R' Us and I haven't been there for like 15 years. We had such a fun time looking at all the toys and they decided to pool their money so they could get some Toy Story toys. We had a great time -- at the store and at Grandma and Grandpa's with their new loot.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are such a good mother to not take your kids to Toys R' Us! Honestly, my kids develop alternate personalities when they go in there, it's like they get hypnotized!!! It is fun there! You really need to call me when you come up next time.

janet said...

Oh my goodness! That picture of the two of them holding hands... looking to their future... the TOY STORE! So funny! You know, every good mom builds up the event of something fun.. and Toys R Us totally qualifies. Having them earn money is such a good idea.. and makes them appreciate what they buy!

We have a Toys R Us close by and every time we go, my kids tell EACH OTHER.. "we can't buy anything today, we are just looking!" I wonder how many times I have said that to them.

cute post

Jaedon Flora said...

Love it! Toys R Us is such a happy place. A couple of winters ago when we were feeling cooped up, we went there to ride the bikes down the aisles. I'm not sure the manager appreciated us, but it was a free and fun outing.

Kelly Nordfelt said...

They just built the biggest one I have ever been in 3 miles from my house. I took the kids there for the opening, and let me tell you that I made the mistake of going back without a spouse. KC was kicking and screaming out the door because we didn't buy a Super hero.
We haven't been back since, but I guess it would be fun if they had some dollars to spend.