2/8/08

Little Jems

I just realized I spelled "gems" with a 'J' and then I remembered "Jem and the Holograms" from when I was younger. I had Jem moon boots that were awesome. Anyway, I decided to leave it so we could all remember Jem. And now back to my post...

I took Hunter to the doc today to check out his tonsils (which are HUMONGOUS, and the doctor agreed) that have been obstructing his breathing when he sleeps. He gets a little nervous when we go to the doctor, but he did pretty well today, other than hiding behind the table when the doctor wanted to take a look at him. So after he got a sticker, a sucker, and one of those stretchy sticky hands, we left the doc's office and I said to him, "See? The doctor wasn't that bad, was it? It was pretty fun; you got all those prizes." To which he replied, "There was too much singing."

????

Did he mean the TV in the waiting room? Funny, that didn't strike me as being a major part of the visit.

Then tonight after he and Preslie were in bed, I stood in the doorway and said, "I love you."
him: "What are you doing, Mom?"
me: "Can I come kiss you?"
him: "Go ahead. I don't mind."

As I took my life into my hands by trying to cross their toy-covered bedroom floor in the dark, Hunter says, "Our room is so messy."
me: "I know, I haven't been making you clean it the last couple of days"
him: "I wish I didn't have any toys. I wish someone would come get them and throw them all in the dumpster."

That is one easy way of cleaning your room.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jem!!! Oh my gosh, I freaking loved that show. I love your posts, you are such a genius!!! You always were! Oh and I hear you on the huge tonsils thing, Andrew's are gigantic and he snores, so maybe before he starts kindergarten next year I will get them taken out. Addison's are huge too, what is up with that? Your kids are so sweet. They seem like really easy and calm kids....just like their mother!

Love ya!

Melanie said...

Huge tonsils must be really common, Jack had his removed last March....it was horrible! At least a month of recovery, oh well, apparently James shares the huge tonsil thing too and even though neither kid has ever had problems with sore throats, his will need to come out too....not looking forward to it at all! Good luck.

Mel

Amelia said...

Hi, I remember you a little from high school and found your blog through Janet's and decided to be a commenter instead of a lurker! Thanks so much for the Jem reminder, she had the coolest star earrings. Also thanks for the honest blogs about motherhood, a joy and a learning curve, right?
Amelia (Bickmore) Davies

janet said...

what a little adult he is... "I don't mind" just cracks me up!

And take him up on the dumpster offer! That is a great way to simplify!

Lifes Great Adventures said...

I love this story it is really cute!

RaeLynn said...

What a little character you've got. Oh man...that cracked me up.