2/25/08

It's Birthday Week

a log of the days leading up 'til my b-day...

Monday: Hunter cut up Preslie's Care Bear picture so we had to get online, find a new one, print it, and color it before she got home from school. It's laundry day so between the continous loads and the fact that Mack did not have a nap (normal), I stayed in my pajamas until 2pm-ish when I finally did shower. Mack laughed a bunch today, I mean really laughed hard. He laughed at Preslie doing weird jumpy movements and he laughed when I was putting away some VHS movies. He thought the sound of one movie slapping into another was HILARIOUS. The kids and I had nachos for dinner, family home evening, and played a little Guess Who? before Dax got home from work around 9:30pm, covered in mud from trying to get his truck unstuck while working in the mountains. I put his pants in the washer with the last load of laundry and we got ready for bed. A little later after Dax had changed the clothes from the washer to the dryer, we heard a thumping sound. "I bet I left my pocket knife in my pants pocket," he says. Nope. It was his cell phone.


Tuesday: I would call today a very fortunate day for the following reasons:
  • Mack had 2 very well-timed naps. Any nap for him is a miracle in and of itself, but the fact that there were TWO, AND they were at times when I really really needed him to be asleep was GREAT.

  • I got my first birthday gift in the mail from my parents. I decided to save it until my birthday.

  • It was HOT. I started sweating for the first time since fall. I looked online to see what the temp is and laughed when I saw that it was 35 degrees!

  • I carried out my first duty as Cub Committee Chair in my ward; I helped put on the Blue & Gold Banquet for the Cub Scouts. The theme was "Chinese New Year" and it went well. I owe my husband a BIG cub scout cheer for picking up the awards for tonight and for helping set up tables and make food.


  • I made some tasty fortune cookies as a thank you to the people who helped do food for the Banquet.


  • I got all the laundry from yesterday folded and MAY even get it all put away. A two day laundry job is pretty good in this house.


  • Dax called me from work today and said, "Have you ever been called from a cell phone that has been through an entire wash cycle and part of a dry cycle?" Seriously, his phone works PERFECTLY. We are still shocked...miracles do happen.


Wednesday: This morning, Dax and I took shifts in cutting Hunter's hair. We always put it off because it is such a big job; he has a TON of thick, course hair. And the fact that neither of us is a trained professional makes it harder, I'm sure. I should just take him to the salon and fork over the 10 bucks. But, I am trying to be thrifty, so I just sprung the 4 quarters for a prize in the machine at the grocery store and bribed him to be good during the haircut. The haircut turned out cute, he's happy with is little Care Bear, and we saved 9 bucks. Then it was off to Hunter's ear/nose/throat appointment and we were not surprised to hear that his tonsils are "comic book size" and set up to get them out on Monday. It is kinda scary, but he does need to breathe better at night. I took Preslie to parent/teacher conference tonight and she is doing well and is reading better every day.


Today I also got a nice b-day/gift card in the mail from my in-laws and a beautiful card from a friend. It is weird that my birthday is tomorrow. I am usually more prepared for it but it sneaked up on me this year. I am starting to get excited now!

3 comments:

Beau and Rach said...

Happy Bithday! I hope it was Wonderful!

Lifes Great Adventures said...

Happy Birthday! I can't believe we are both going to be 27 this year. Time flies! My husband has the cleanest wallet, pocket knive, credit cards and money of anyone- I accidently washed it and didn't notice until it had been in the dryer for awhile. So I could relate to the cell phone washing incident- Dax has the cleanest phone of anyone around inside and out. Thats great it still works, and a true blessing. My cell phone fell in the gutter once just for a few seconds and it never worked again.

K said...

It's so good to know that people live real lives! I just laughed at all the little things we do every day that aren't that funny in the moment, but if you write them down they usually are the next day! Proud of you about the haircut, not once have I succeeded in bribing Kaleb with enough to let him have me cut his hair, it's $7 every two weeks, I've learned to embrace it. Keep me posted about Hunter's tonsils, I've been there and done that so I totally know what you're in for. You'll be happy when it's over with and the two weeks following are over. Love ya!