So far this week---
DONE: All laundry
arrange cub scout meeting
solve a building problem we encountered
get tires rotated and slow leak fixed
get tires rotated and slow leak fixed
state safety inspection
car registration
parent teacher conference
call phone company to install phone line
teach Preslie to ride a 2-wheeler! (see video clip)
TO DO:
train new cub scout committee
Finish weening the baby by Friday
clean apartment again and again
Primary presidency meeting
Have a 1 year old b-day
call Questar for gas hook up
plus the usual:
keep family fed, dressed, bathed, on time, and happy
reading & homework
scriptures and prayers
re-load all kitchen drawers and dishwasher hourly
mail, bills
errands for the builders
try and have a marriage.... seriously it feels like I haven't hung out with my husband for forever! He went hunting last Thurs-Sunday, then went straight to work and working on the house or go to scouts. We finally broke away for a few minutes together tonight and it helped me. I need a buddy in all this madness and he is IT. Here is a pic of him tucking in his shirt after I told him he'd better watch out or he'd sunburn his butt crack from bending over so much.
His uncle Kirk is the other guy in the picture. Kirk and his son Coy have been framing since last Thursday but have been away from their home for a couple weeks now. It must be so hard on them to have to sleep on a cot and have NOTHING to do after work except watch scribbly TV or wander around our HAPPENING town. We appreciate them so much and hope to get the framing done and roof on so they can go home to their family.
8 comments:
I'm sure you must feel on the brink of insanity at all times. Best of luck in keeping it together!
Caution part of this comment may contain TMI.
First of all wow! You have accomplished a TON!!! How great is it that you have family to help with the house building, that way you know it is done right! (As we deal with a leaky pipe that will require us to either a-take out one wall of kitchen cabinets to get to to fix OR b- remove the siding from the outside of the house in a section to get to it from the outside.)
The other thing, your post reminds me so much of when we were building our house in Santaquin (although it was SO small) it was so stressful and I NEVER saw Larry. Somehow, I must have because I pregnant with Sari. To this day we call her the immaculate conception because really ... we have no idea how or when that could have happened!
(That was the TMI part. haha)
Tristie,
Believe me- I feel your pain! I feel like I never see Spencer either- with everything going on. I feel like a zombie walking around most of the time between being out to the house till late, no sleep due to pregnancy, work, church callings etc. It will be worth it though- we will be happy to be in our houses.Just think next year at this time we will be all snuggled and cozy in our homes. Good luck!
Destiny
Sunburned bum....ouch :)
You are amazing! How do you do it all? I am so excited about your house. It is so fun!
I think we have the same to do list. Always full of stuff!! My husband has had a sunburned crack before.
I am so excited for your house! It's stressful but it will be over soon and you'll forget what a pain it was. I can't believe your baby is 1 already!
Tristie, blogs are supposed to be my downtime. Now I'm just exhausted... :)
Post a Comment