WHAT a year! So happy to have my little guy here. This past year brought many extremes. But in just thinking about Mack, it has been wonderful. Each baby brings something different to a family. This has been the hardest, yet the best baby experience for me. Hard because I've never had such great responsibility placed upon me, and the best because there are more people around me to share in the unmatchable joy a baby brings to a family. It is neat to have older kids that can enjoy the sweet day to day baby cuteness with me. I often wonder how I ever had a baby without a six year old daughter around to help. And seeing Hunter's love and tender heart toward Mack is so cute.
OK, back to the birthday....
We always give our one-year-old their own cake to trash. Each of our babies have gone about their task differently. Preslie simply leaned her face over and took a bite out of her cake. Hunter grabbed a handful of cake and gushed the cake and frosting between his fingers. Mack was mellow; he took pieces and put them in his mouth like it was a regular meal. Then he got to have a bath which he loves. Gifts for this age are pretty much unnecessary but Hunter gave Mack his front facing car seat. Gram and Gramp W are giving him a coat, and Craig and Beaner gave Mack a cute outfit, a fun bug light up push button toy, and 2 cars which he instantly started pushing around all over the apartment. Dax and I are giving Mack a house, so he is very spoiled.


10 comments:
What a difference a year can make. I remember being there when this little guy made his appearance on earth. What a joy. Loved all the photos. Cute cake!
I can't believe he's already a year old. Not to mention such a handsome guy. Amazing how time flies. Happy Birthday Mack!
And not a wrinkle to show for it! Amazing!
Happy Birthday! He is a cutie! Wow, a house...How generous! I am so glad that Preslie's nail is working. What an awesome idea. MAybe I can put an acrylic nail on KC's thumb and he'll stop sucking it. Man, I wish he wasn't a boy, then I really would.
Happy Birthday to that cutest, sweetest, chubbiest (well not so much anymore) boy! I am so happy that I have gotten to love on him a few times. What an adorable cake that is. PLEASE let me know when you will be up here next so I can steal a few minutes of your time!
Love ya.
Happy Birthday cute, cute baby!
Happy Birthday Mack! I love the first birthday tradition of trashing their own cake. Time sure does fly!
I love the smash the cake tradition. Darn that I am done having babies! I guess I will have to save that for (gulp) grandchildren - in 10 years or so!
Mack is delicious! And you are beautiful, Tristie! Hugs to you all!
was mack born on the 4th? so was weston. i can't believe he is a year.
Dear Tristie and Dax, It melts my heart to see what a cute family you are and what wonderful hard-working parents you are. Happy Birthday to one year old Mack. I am so happy for you guys with the the prospects of moving into a new house soon. Isn't it wonderful that your kids have such a love-connection with his grandkids. (They are all precious!)I admire the team-effort that Grandpa arranged. That's wonderful that your brother was able to be the electrician. I'll bet your're glad he is on your side. He can get things done!!! Take care. Sending love your way, Aunt Reta
Post a Comment