10/20/08

business and pleasure

Not much down time lately, but I need to mention the highlights of the past couple weeks...

Firstly, I have a new nephew (thanks Matt and Natalie)! Quite possibly the most gorgeous newborn (not a smashed, puffy blob) I've seen in a while. And that hair....MMMM! Can't wait to hold Baby Wyatt at Thanksgiving.

Last week, we did our own St. George Marathon, running for the 2 days we were there to the:
cabinet shop
carpet store
tile shop
Home Depot
Fireplace store
siding place
Stone place


Big thanks to Grandma Beaner for watching the kids so we could get lots done and picked for the house. It wasn't all business. Beaner and I took a quick trip to Furniture Row...still looking for my table as we are hopefully going to upgrade from our current dining set: a 1950-ish turquoise beauty with chrome legs that my grandmother was given as a hand-me-down. I've used it since my sophomore year of college 9 years ago and we're down to 4 chairs that are still (barely) standing, although the table is as sturdy as the day it was made. People keep telling me it is worth a lot of money for its vintage appeal, but as of yet, NO one has beat down my door to get it. I will entertain any serious offers.


We also had a "practice birthday" for Hunter there with Dax's folks. We figured out why no candles went out when he blew and had him tilt his chin down and try again...Voila!



Back home again, Dax had to check deer for the opening weekend of the hunt. This is his one Sunday a year he has to work. I survived our primary program practice holding Mack the whole time so he wouldn't go play on the stairs and break his head. Choir practice was a little more tricky as I am the pianist, but somehow, I got through it keeping one eye on my kids and one on the music.

This week should be another busy one. Big grocery shopping, making/delivering party invites, final collections for church fundraiser, errands for the house, primary meeting, program practice & breakfast, Hunter's party, dance class, pre-school, and I think Dax is going to try and deer hunt a little, too.

Well, I'm off to go make treasure maps!

7 comments:

K said...

You are absolutely amazing. You are so busy and always happy. I'm so impressed. I can't wait to hear all about the party. I'm assuming it's a pirate party. To this day, it's my favorite party I ever did for K.

Tiffany said...

That is my kind of marathon!

Anonymous said...

I am officially dizzy from reading your blog. Your life is busier than mine and I am selfish enough to believe (right now) that no one's life is as hectic as mine! I love ya and I am so glad things are coming to an end with the house and you can move in! YAY! And BTW, Matt's baby is absolutely beautiful!

val said...

you are a model in that picking cabinets photo. woo woo.

Kelly Nordfelt said...

You must have a Chrome Craft table. I have one to. The same one I grew up with and my mom keeps telling me that its worth a lot of money and that I should keep it-right. I've looked on Craigslist and I could get pennies for it. Looks like you are super busy. How are you and Dax holding together? I hear that if you can make it through building a house together, you can make it through anything!

Kelly Nordfelt said...

By the way, your nephew is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

The photo of Grandpa and Preslie heading into Dollar Tree is priceless. A photo is indeed worth a thousand words. Grandpa loves it there!