10/24/08

The Par-TAY


We had a swashbuckling adventure today! My brilliantly creative friend Kim inspired a lot of the ideas. The biggest hit was digging for treasures in the sand (thanks Kim for that one!). I went to the concrete place in town with my shovel and asked for some sand to fill my little under-the-bed plastic bin. Since they sell sand in much bigger quantities and usually load it by equipment, they gave it to me for free. My kids loved burying handfuls of pennies, shells, and shiny fish rocks. The kids loved digging for them. After we pinned the eye patch on the pirate, we went on a treasure hunt. I drew a treasure map with different locations on it that had made up names like "Mermaid Cove" and "Dead Man's Arch" and a dotted path that lead to the treasure. I put cupcakes and some gold wrapped candies and gummy bones in my grandma's old wooden trunk and hid it under all the tumbleweeds in the back of our apartment. I also stuck in strings of different colored sequins and jewels from my sewing box so it looked fun when they opened up the treasure chest. While the kids were eating their goodies, one boy unfolded the map and said pointing to it, "Ok, now let's go to Stinky Bones Cave," and was so distraught when he found out that it wasn't a real place. We had a great time. I enjoyed dressing up as a pirate and had to include this pic of me so everyone could see my awesome tat sleeves I borrowed from my sister Trina.

I do believe this is the last of Hunter's birthday celebrations. He celebrated 4 times. So I have til he's nine to do this again!

9 comments:

Neal said...

Nice tats Tristie! You're such a cute mom! Those kids are lucky. I can't wait to come "Den a bear" with Dax!

Melanie said...

Wow, you are the MOM! My kids are lucky if I remember to buy them a gift....seriously!

Anonymous said...

Well, shiver-me-timbers! What a positively palpitating pirate pandemonium of a party. Wish I could have been there. Kudos to the most creative, fun mom in the world. Your tat sleeves are something else. Kiss Pirate Pete for me.

val said...

what a party. you're so clever and fun. you look great too!

Anonymous said...

I just luv ya so much it is disgusting! I could not stop laughing...these pictures are too freaking cute! You are hands down my most creative friend....I am so jealous of your abilities, I hope to be like you one day!!!

Zach said...

Fun times! I'm all about multiple birthday celebrations. I feel that birthdays ought to be weeklong celebrations. Good reason to celebrate. Good reason to feel good about your existance. Everyone is happy. That was a pretty extravagent party. I would've eaten it up. Even at 26. Nice tattoos. I'm thinking of getting "Lanky Bill" tattooed on the small of my back.

K said...

The party turned out great!!! I love the costume you put together! I think it adds so much to the party when the Mom dresses up too:) You're just too awesome for words. Love ya!

Unknown said...

You're so creative!! Love your tats, I was a little thrown off thinking they were real ;)

Hunter is such a lucky boy!!

Ashley said...

My word. Tristie. If you weren't so stinkin' adorable, I'd despise you and your incredible ways. Will you come throw me a birthday party?