10/22/08

Hunter's REAL birthday

It is birthday season in our household and Hunter is living it up with his 2nd (but not his last) celebration. His birthday fell on the deer hunt opener this year, just like the day he was born, and yes, that is why the name Hunter won out over the other ones on our list.


He has been my baby the longest of all my kids, so it is weird for me to think that he is five and definitely not a baby.



We played at the park in the fall sunshine and later had the dinner of Hunter's choice --spaghetti-Os. He was kind enough to allow the grown-ups to have regular spaghetti.



I stole my friend Tif's tradition and we all took turns saying what we like about Hunter:
Preslie said: I like his personality and how fat he was when he was a baby
Tristie said: I like how sweet he is, how he loves to snuggle and that he is good at following rules
Dax said: I like how Hunter is my little buddy and comes to work with me and that he has an amazing sniffer. (Hunter's acute sense of smell is incredible)



After that, Hunter said, "Now I'm going to say what I like about Mom." So sweet! After we took turns saying what everyone liked about each other, Hunter went on a treasure hunt for his new bike. While riding bikes, Hunter and Preslie both biffed it and got matching skinned elbows. We ended the evening with some rainbow chip cake which Hunter said was his favorite part of his birthday. It doesn't take much to please a little kid.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah for Hunter Boy! How clever that he could have a couple warm-up birthdays and then the real deal. Love the new bike. Love the new haircut. Love the rainbow chip cake. Love all the photos. Come to think of it, I love that wonderful 5 year old boy!

K said...

Happy Birthday Hunter. I love what they pick for their birthday food. It kills me what they choose. I love the new bike and the new tradition of telling what everyone loves about the birthday boy/girl. I guess it wouldn't be much fun at our house, but I love the idea, and how awesome to hear great things about yourself.

Tiffany said...

Is he REALLY 5? I can't even believe it. All I can think about is watching him when you and Dax went to institute and me ALWAYS needing a diaper!

Happy 5th Hunter!

Jaedon Flora said...

Holy Cow - You are the best darn mom in the whole wide world. AAARG and I love that Hunter boy!