An easier way to go is use your own bbq sauce. Season a chunk of pork (even pork chops will work) with salt and pepper and put it in the crock pot. Dump your favorite barbeque sauce over it (Ours is Famous Daves Rich & Sassy) and cook on high. Before you want to serve it, take the pork out and shred it with 2 forks. Put it back into the crock pot and dump a little more bbq sauce back in for extra flavor and stir. Serve on buns with a slice of cheese. YUM.
Peach Pie
I use Betty Crocker's recipe for my crust and filling.
Click for pastry. Remember to double it because this is a two-crust pie. Rolling it out on a floured cloth or dishtowel is the best way i've found so it doesn't stick to the counter. Use a dishtowel that is made of flat fabric, not terry cloth. Pie crusts are tricky for me; I've shed real tears over trying to make them. Practice has definitely paid off, though, cause I'm getting better.
Click for filling. I think it needs more peaches than it calls for.
Before I bake it, I pull out a long piece of foil and cut it in half long way and bunch both pieces around the pie crust edge so it doesn't brown too much.
4 comments:
Hey! I haven't seen you guys for too long. How are you? I heard you were building a house. Looks exciting. You should keep up the recipe ideas. I'm starting to cook more nowadays that I have more time so I'll be on the lookout for tasty treats.
PLEASE!!! Come to my house and cook. I need you!
Hey Tristie! How've you been? I'll take cooking ideas from you anytime.
Tristie,
Thanks for the recipes- especially the BBQ sandwich one! I will be trying that really soon. The framing looks good.
Destiny
Post a Comment