3/4/08

brave boy

Hunter had his tonsils and adenoids removed yesterday morning. He has been so brave though this whole process, which for him is big. I couldn't help but take a deep breath when they wheeled him away on the hospital bed, through the doors, and into the OR. And all of us just waited. I am pretty tough when it comes to the necessary unpleasantries that my kids have to go through, but when he was being wheeled back out and he was crying and coughing and wouldn't be comforted, it was hard. Then I looked at Preslie and she was fighting the tears. Hunter kept saying through sobs and big breaths, "Can someone please take this [his I.V.] out? Please, PLEASE!" We could not convince him to take a drink or lick a popsicle for anything...until after a little morphine saved the day. After he calmed down a bit, it was much better. And after we got him home, it was the best of all. Especially listening to him speak. It sounds like he breathed in a bunch of helium-his voice sounds different! SO cute. I am grateful for modern medicine. And grateful to have the surgery over with and be on the road to recovery.

before surgery...

after surgery...

Tough little guy.

8 comments:

Ashley said...

How sad! Poor Hunter. Poor Tristie.

Abbey said...

I am so glad that everything went well. He looks so cute and grown up. What a brave little kid!! I'm so happy that it's over with and you guys and just relax now.

Jill Bowcutt said...

How scary! But you're so smart to have it done. I hope the recovery is going ok. Good luck!

Clint, Brielle, Molly and Maggie said...

poor little guy. How brave and grownup he is. It will be so much better now that they are out. What a brave mom too, i get sad when molly has to get shots.

Anonymous said...

He is such a brave little guy...and a handsome one too! I cried more than Andrew did when he had to get stitches in his chin last year! The doctors probably thought I was a lunatic.

Lifes Great Adventures said...

Brave little guy! I bet you are glad that the surgery is over! Give him a hug for me.

annek said...

What a champ...he's a brave little dude.

Unknown said...

Poor guy! That second photo just tugs at my heart strings.