We got to Santa Clara Friday afternoon, which was my fun MIL's birthday. We celebrated with her that afternoon and evening. Dax's brother and his wife were also in town, so the entire fam was together, which made it a fun weekend.
The Saturday before Easter is the day that my family does Easter eggs and baskets. I grew up doing it this way so that Sunday can be the day that we focus on The Savior. In the morning the kids had a blast searching for eggs out in the red hills. The Bunny also left the grown-up kids some Easter chocolate to find. Saturday was also my beautiful SIL's birthday. I had the privilege of going shopping with her all afternoon and had a great time. She helped me find some new clothes as I have been out of the fashion loop --and out of my pre-preg size -- for over 14 months. The coolest thing was that my sis-in-law got her ears pierced for the first time! What a way to celebrate your 23rd b-day! Mack and I were honored to witness this life-changing event and I think I was more nervous than she was. Luckily I had my camera to document this momentous occasion.
We attended a nice church service on Easter Sunday. I love all of the Easter Hymns; I wish we would sing them more often. Mack was crazy during church but what I caught of my FIL's Sunday School lesson was great. Dax's aunt and uncle are in his parents' ward and his aunt Janice tried to take the baby out for me, but I could hear him yelling in the hall so I missed most of the rest of church. We had a wonderful ham for Easter Feast and for dessert, the beautiful Peep Sunflower cake the kids helped their grandma make.
6 comments:
Im so glad you chose st george so we could see you and our babies could hold hands. You are so cute and your kids are getting so big, i cant even believe it.
Oh no, I forgot about the MIA mode that happens at church with a new baby. That and the sleepless nights and constant spit up. Help! I forgot about it all!
Glad you had a nice time, wish we had been in the warmth as well.
St. George was a much better choice than Rexburg this year!!!! We are excited about seeing you soon.
Love ya
I want to know how that cake was made. It looks awesome!
Cute cake!! That's a great idea!
Post a Comment