You can tell a lot about someone from the contents of their purse. It's Saturday night...time to take inventory on each of my bags so we'll be ready for 9am church. This is what is in my purse right now.- 3 burp cloths
- The Mommy Cover
- binky
- clean jammies (in case)
- wipes
- wiggly bug toy
- spare car key (in case)
- 2 books of stamps
various notes and coupons - gas receipt ($48...ouch!)
- 3 pens
- chapstick
- sucker stick/wrappers
- 2 pairs of sunglasses (one particularly SWEET pair I found at Dax's grandma's house)
- fresh values card
- battleship game piece
I have 2 other bags - a cute diaper bag and a church bag. The diaper bag and my purse contain almost the same things and can be used in place of each other. I have almost retired the church bag because, frankly, that is just way too many bags to carry on top of carrying a giant baby. So I've made my 2 big kids their own bags to carry to church that contain their B of Ms and whatever else they can fit in them for appropriate sacrament meeting entertainment.
(see, I told you they were sweet...)
11 comments:
I just love looking at your blog...you never know what to expect. I get great ideas from you as well...
I'm with you on the bag thing. I have a church bag too but I still need to clean it out every Sunday! Someday I'll let my kids be in charge of their own bag... good idea.
Oh Tristie, I miss you.
Love the glasses,anytime is a good time for a game of battleship!
Can I borrow those glasses? Well, maybe they wouldn't look as cute on me.
You make me smile!
You're so funny. And smart too! Thanks for the inspiration. I think we need a little bag makeover too.
Those ARE sweet!!!
Oh my gosh, you crack me up...seriously, I can look at your blog and immediately be happy!!!
I have been thinking all week, "When I think of St. Patrick's Day I think of Tristie Mangus and the incredibly perfect green shirt she wore one year. It made me smile when I logged on to your green blog and viewed your four-leaf-clover-green purse. I love your festive energy for almost every holiday. The new family picture is very nice too!
Tristie -
Thanks for your comment on our blog, you are too sweet :). I have to admit, I'm a little jealous that you get to spend time with my amazing sister - send her a little love from me!
AND - I can't believe I've gone a good thirty words now without commenting on the fabulous green purse. Adorable!
Those glasses are SO YOU!! love it.
and I have gotten rid of purses completely. Of course, you can't with a little guy, but mine are old enough to take care of their own things! It's probably bad, but I make my kids carry whatever they want to bring... including to church. I usually have a diaper and wipes in the car if I need it. and I put my drivers license and a credit card in my back pocket.. I think if I had a cute green purse like yours, I would carry it around though.
Post a Comment