3/12/08

The Canary Islands



One year ago, Dax and I were living it up in the Spanish Canary Islands. What an amazing and wonderful trip! Dax and I were looking at pictures from our trip last night and remembering all the cool things we got to do and see. I was pretty impressed that my 8th and 9th grade Spanish classes helped me understand as much as I did. I couldn't speak a lick...other than "Si" and "gracias". I tried talking to one guy at church and he was asking how I liked the weather there. I wanted to say "Me Gusta" for I like it...but what came out of my mouth was, "Te Amo" which means I love you. As if the conversation wasn't awkward enough. Ah, good times.

7 comments:

Tiffany said...

One year ago.... I was still wearing maternity clothes and holding my one week old :) Glad that was a year ago!

Kimberly said...

I'm proud of you for going. A year and a half ago Josh's work allowed him free airfare to Hawaii and back but I stressed out about the trip and we backed out.

Anonymous said...

Tristie, for the geographically challenged over here, where exactly is that?

tina

Brittany said...

That is so cool! Hey Jennie had her BAby! I bet you already know but i though I would tell you! Love ya!

RaeLynn said...

LOLOLOLOL. I LOVE that you said "I love you" instead of "I like it". AWESOME. I hope you journaled it.

karlin said...

Loved hearing about your trip. That was me in Acapulco... Hola, Si, Como Estas?, No comprende! I took 2 years of Spanish too but only know a handful of words.

annek said...

What fun memories! That spanish thing just cracks me up, I wish I could have seen it!
I love thinking back to mine and Rusty's travels. It's so nice to have that escape...even if it only last a few seconds!