1/1/08

our Christmas story

'Twas the 23rd of December, and all through the house
Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.
The children were nestled all snug by the tree
In Grandpa & Grandma's new addition they just finished, YIPPEE!


And then on Christmas Eve we began the celebration,
With the birthday girl getting presents from every relation.



Grandpa's efforts were futile in teaching Mack to crawl--
But Mack could puke on his Dad in no time at all.



The babies were dressed up from their heads to their feet,
And all the games being played made this Christmas Eve complete.



The next morning we woke up to a beautiful sight
Out the window, the world was covered in white.
As the children posed for a picture by the tree,
The anticipation of their presents filled them with glee.


The stockings were hung by the railing so neat
Filled with peppermints, oranges, and chocolatey treats.
With not a moment to lose, the kids dug right in--
A CARS truck for Hunter; for Preslie, some twins.




Even Baby Mack was having quite a ball
He got 2 packs of diapers, the best gift of all!

Later on in the evening came big Sis with her crew,
And those of us with one baby wonder how she does it with two!


Everyone loved baby Zya's big smiles,
And all her cute outfits; her mama dresses her in style.


And what family gathering would be as complete
If it didn't include some death defying feat?
While the babies were warm inside all dressed in their sleepers,
Little Bro was outside making his snow jump a little steeper...


This Christmas was grand, and the company was great,
Here's wishing all our loved ones the best in 2008!

11 comments:

karlin said...

okay Tristie... that was officially the cutest post ever! I am so impressed! Looks like you had a great Christmas.

val said...

You little clever thing you! Glad you had a happy one.

Ashley said...

You are so cute, I loved this. I love that they slept under the tree, how did you get the presents under there?

HeRoosSheRoos said...

so cute-I LOVE the entry! Even Mack was in the giving mood and shared a Christmas milk shake with his dad.

janet said...

Just STOP! just kidding! I loved every bit of it! Sounds like the perfect Holiday!

K said...

Well Miss Creative, a darling post!

Ali said...

That was so clever and cute! Will you do my Christmas post?

Kelly Nordfelt said...

Tristie,
I love it and I love that I got to spend some time with you in WJ. Let's meet up again! (um...unless you're coming to AZ it's going to be awhile ;)

Anonymous said...

So precious. These are the good old days. You're making memories for sure. Thanks for sharing.

annek said...

You have got to be THE most creative person I know!! I'm glad you had a great holiday!!

Unknown said...

You are so cute Tristie! I loved this! Thank you for the Christmas card. I love your family picture, and your update made me laugh over and over. I am ashamed to report I didn't get cards out this year. Maybe I'll do a Valentine's greeting :)