
1st time we met...We were in the same student ward at Dixie and my roommate--who kinda liked him--introduced us. Then I left. I did think he was hot but she liked him, so I wasn't going to get in the way.
How long have you been together? 9 years
1st date... was a group date and we cooked foil dinners out in a cool red rock canyon. I still remember how good the dinner was (I was a single college freshman and lived on PBJs) and I remember how weirded out Dax got on the date when he found out I was only 18.

How long did you date? 11 months including 3 month engagement.
How old is he? 29
Who said I love you first? He did.
Who is taller? Him. He's 6'3''. I'm 5'8''.
Who can sing better? Him. I love love love it when he sings. But he is pretty shy about it, especially if he is put on the spot. He has to be in the mood.
Who is smarter? Not really fair, because I think everyone is smart in different things because all of our experiences are different. But all around smarts, he is. I am a better speller and a better mom than he is. :)
Who does the laundry? I do.
Who pays the bills? I do usually...but sometimes he gets on a finances kick and will do that plus anything else regarding money or the budget.

Who mows the lawn? Neither one of us. A great plus about renting. But actually, the "lawn" here leaves much to be desired.
Who cooks dinner? When we are eating for nourishment--me; when we are eating for pleasure--him. And sometimes Carl's Jr., Wendy's, or Pizza Hut will cook.
Who drives? Me...because he drives SO much for his work that he gets sick of it.
Who is more stubborn? Me.
Who kissed who first? He kissed me. It was on a date in the mountains at night...with a fire and all the stars out. It was awesome.
Who proposed? Him. On a campout with friends in, yet again, the mountains. There was rock-and-roll music blaring and people puking from doing "the gallon challenge" (you know where you drink a gallon of milk in under 1 hour). But we didn't mind. When you're that in love, you kind of float along in your own
little world.
Where did you get married? Saint George Temple.
How did the reception go? It was the most fun day I think I have ever had. I loved seeing all my friends and family all at once and in one place!
Where did you go on your honeymoon? Park City
Who has more friends? no idea. Both of us are really friendly and have friends from all over from years ago. But right now, he has more because of the guys at work. I don't really have many friends over the age of 6 right now. I am very grateful for him, though; he is a GREAT friend.
Who is more sensitive? Both?
Who has more siblings? Me. I have 7 sibs, he has 1.
Who wears the pants? both of us. We always make big decisions together. I make a lot of the day to day ones, just because I am the one home and with the kids more. When I asked Dax this question, he said, "I don't know...you do. I always ask you for permission to do things." I guess I am the boss!
Do you have a song? Not officially, but there are a few that bring us back to our dating days... "Its a Beautiful Life" by Ace of Base, and of course every couple's love song: "Back that Thing Up"
How long have you been together? 9 years
1st date... was a group date and we cooked foil dinners out in a cool red rock canyon. I still remember how good the dinner was (I was a single college freshman and lived on PBJs) and I remember how weirded out Dax got on the date when he found out I was only 18.

How long did you date? 11 months including 3 month engagement.
How old is he? 29
Who said I love you first? He did.
Who is taller? Him. He's 6'3''. I'm 5'8''.
Who can sing better? Him. I love love love it when he sings. But he is pretty shy about it, especially if he is put on the spot. He has to be in the mood.
Who is smarter? Not really fair, because I think everyone is smart in different things because all of our experiences are different. But all around smarts, he is. I am a better speller and a better mom than he is. :)
Who does the laundry? I do.
Who pays the bills? I do usually...but sometimes he gets on a finances kick and will do that plus anything else regarding money or the budget.

Who mows the lawn? Neither one of us. A great plus about renting. But actually, the "lawn" here leaves much to be desired.
Who cooks dinner? When we are eating for nourishment--me; when we are eating for pleasure--him. And sometimes Carl's Jr., Wendy's, or Pizza Hut will cook.
Who drives? Me...because he drives SO much for his work that he gets sick of it.
Who is more stubborn? Me.
Who kissed who first? He kissed me. It was on a date in the mountains at night...with a fire and all the stars out. It was awesome.
Who proposed? Him. On a campout with friends in, yet again, the mountains. There was rock-and-roll music blaring and people puking from doing "the gallon challenge" (you know where you drink a gallon of milk in under 1 hour). But we didn't mind. When you're that in love, you kind of float along in your own
Where did you get married? Saint George Temple.
How did the reception go? It was the most fun day I think I have ever had. I loved seeing all my friends and family all at once and in one place!
Where did you go on your honeymoon? Park City
Who has more friends? no idea. Both of us are really friendly and have friends from all over from years ago. But right now, he has more because of the guys at work. I don't really have many friends over the age of 6 right now. I am very grateful for him, though; he is a GREAT friend.
Who is more sensitive? Both?Who has more siblings? Me. I have 7 sibs, he has 1.
Who wears the pants? both of us. We always make big decisions together. I make a lot of the day to day ones, just because I am the one home and with the kids more. When I asked Dax this question, he said, "I don't know...you do. I always ask you for permission to do things." I guess I am the boss!
Do you have a song? Not officially, but there are a few that bring us back to our dating days... "Its a Beautiful Life" by Ace of Base, and of course every couple's love song: "Back that Thing Up"
8 comments:
You got me to laugh out loud with "back that thing up" so funny.
Cute post. I love reading about these. I so wanted to go to your reception... your announcement was on my fridge forever. What a great love story!
I wish I could remember who told me this, but I remember hearing for the first time that you were engaged, and the person telling me said that you were marrying this really hot guy! :) That should make Dax feeling like a stallion. :)
Love this post!!! What a great love story. It's tough to find couples like you guys. I'm so proud to have friends like you!
Oh I remember the dating days! I remember waiting 45 minutes for you two love birds to come to your own reception ;)
What fun memories!
Oh my gosh, I am so happy that you posted these pictures! I feel like I am being filled in on your life! I was so bummed I could not come to your wedding, but i was thinking about you...does that count! You and Dax are such a good lookin' couple. You are so gorgeous! I just love ya!!!
Cute pictures of the two of you! It was fun to hear your story... some things we have in common... dating for 11 months, being together for 9 yrs, friends having dibs on our guy first, and both our hubbies are 29!
Awwww, what a great blog and a super cute couple. Glad you're part of the family.
Fun Tristie! You are a darling couple! Love you!
Post a Comment