1/14/08
pirates, and ninjas, and houses, oh my!
My week stared out with a much needed trip to the grocery store. On the way out, i handed hunter a quarter to put in the machine for a pirate. Little did i know the chain reaction this would create as now after 2 more trips to the store and $1.50 later, our 1 pirate has turned into 5 pirates and 2 ninjas. So, yes, now i know where i got all this "stuff". Anyway, that has been quite the exciting thing at our house. My poor kids, so starved for entertainment in this little town with no friends nearby...and I might mention it is a cool 2 degrees outside. Yes, that is right TWO! My visiting teachers came on Tuesday for the first time. That was nice. Wednesday i tried to give my kids more interesting things to do so we went to story time at the library consequently making Preslie late for school, but it was nice change in routine. Thursday, Dax and I took the boys house shopping. There is always something wrong with every house we look at: too much $, no counters in the kitchen, the dryer is in the back yard...etc (can you see me packing a newborn and a basket of wet clothes outside when it is 2 degrees? My pioneer ancestors would call me a wimp) And then we looked at THE HOUSE. It was perfect. 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, brand new, never lived it, in our price range. So of course there is a catch. The location. But it was SO fun to look around and see us
living there for a few minutes before we realized it would be a nightmare to try and sell this in a few years. A few other highlights from the week...I can finally join the rest of humankind in saying I've seen the movie "The Wizard Of Oz"! I can't believe I haven't seen it before, either. And the other night while my husband was playing Guess Who? with the kids, I think Hunter was getting tired of the same old questions: "Is your person a boy" or "Is your person wearing glasses?" so he says, "I'm gonna ask something that NONE of these people have!...Does your person have square eyes?"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Great post.. lots of random, everyday things that you are sure to forget if you didn't blog. Love the house shopping adventures. I went a little crazy living in a small town, so we moved to a big city with lots of stuff to do.. but now I am going a little crazy waiting in traffic.. give and take, baby.
I cannot believe you haven't seen The Wizard of Oz!
Seriously? you'd never seen The Wizard of Oz? Well, I'm just glad you put at stop to that madness :) The square eyes comment totally cracks me up. I love how RANDOM kids are. And yeah--2 degrees? Not cool...we should go visit Janet in Vegas for a week. Are you in?
Tristie,
I could picture you doing laundry in the back yard. You underestimate yourself.
Hunter is so funny. I love the clever things kids say
Tristie!!!!! Oh my gosh, this is so awsome!!! This is Tina (Tidwell)......hopefully you remember me. It has been so long and it is so funny because I was totally just thinking about you the other day. I am about jumping out of my seat with happiness that I have found your blog. It is AMAZING how many people do this. I was actually looking at blogs of other people and your name just happened to be on this one I was looking at and I thought the name Tristie was just to coindicdental and I had to look...I am glad I did!!! I just jumped on board with the blog thing last month after my bro-in-law did one. Your kids are absolutely darling...and can I just say....YOUR DAUGHTER LOOKS JUST FREAKING LIKE YOU!!!! I am not kidding, I am floored at how much she is your twin. Your boys are so stinking adorable too! You have a beautiful family! It was wild to see those pics of your parents and your sisters. We were just young bucks when I saw them last. I miss the days of sleeping at your house and toilet papering the Desmonds!!!! I cannot believe how much time has gone by. Please, please, please, visit my blog I would LOVE to keep in touch. I am at http://thehambonies.blogspot.com
Tristie,
I know it is so cold up here too, much colder then Orem. I know you guys have been really cold down there! Our poor animals probably wonder where the heck we moved them too! House hunting can be frustrating, but the right one will come along- its just a matter of time. We are renting again until we can get a piece of ground and get our house built- so we feel your pain of renting and wanting a house. I guess we will really appreciate the house when we get it- right. Spring can not come soon enough. I feel so "stir-crazy" being pinned up in the house. Take care and stay warm!!
Tristie, Parker is obsessed with pirates and ninja's too. I don't know where it comes from, but they are all over our house! We are house hunting as well and I think it's a pain in the butt! I can't wait to find a house and get it all over with. Good luck to you!
Welcome to the Ruby Red Slipper Club. We're glad you're now an official member.
House hunting is certainly crazy! Dont worry so much about selling it in a few years worry about LIVING in it for a few years! The right house will come along and everything will feel right even if it doesn't make complete sense! Good Luck
Both congrats and condolences on the house hunting. I think that is one of the most stressful, exciting, disappointing thing that a person can do.
Sounds like life in Roosevelt is a lot like Pinedale, COLD and not much to do except story time...good luck staying busy this long winter.
Post a Comment