1/30/08

"hope smiling brightly before us"


Everyone loves President Hinckley! As much as I have thought about him over the past few days, I just cannot bring myself to feel really sad that he has passed on, although I will really miss hearing him speak in General Conference, etc. His message was always one of peace, optimism, and moving forward with determination to be better. He took his 97 years on Earth and lived them to the fullest. The more I think about his passing, the more joy I feel for him. The days of his probation are over! He made it Home. What a joyful feeling it must be to meet our Maker and be able to stand before Him with confidence and have Him say, "Well done thou good and faithful servant." President Hinckley has set a great example for me. One that I will try to follow a little better so that when I am in that same place as he is now, I can say that I did all I could to live the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

4 comments:

Jaedon Flora said...

I love you Tristie! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

You have such a way with words. It is comforting to know that he is reunited with is sweet Marjorie.

Ashley said...

That's how I felt as well. I was surprised how not sad I was, how wonderful he is with his sweet wife. But we'll see how I do at conference.

janet said...

This post is SO tristie!! His life was everything positive, optimistic and wonderful and there's no doubt that his homecoming was a BIG one! I keep thinking about all those who have passed on who have been blessed by his enthusiasm for temples and doing their work. I can only imagine how many millions of people where there to congratulate him and thank him for all his hard work! It makes me want to do more and live better!