1/24/08

cabin fever

I could not figure out why I was feeling so tense today. It was an ok day--crazy as usual. After dinner, I grabbed the baby and headed out for some "alone" time at the library. It was there that i realized I hadn't left my house all day, not even to take Pres to school, and i was having major anxiety from being in my crowded apartment all day. So after I left my messy apartment and 2 of my 3 kids, I rented a book about organization and 2 books on parenting. Talk about taking a break! But seriously it was so so nice to just get out and take some time for me. I ended up finding a cool website that offers tons of house plan ideas and you can search by how many bedrooms, stories, garage bays, square footage, and even give the dimensions and style of the house you want and it will pull up all the plans it has according to your specifications. Cool. We are currently looking for some dirt to build a house on, so it may end up coming in handy.

One cool indoor thing we did today is make play dough. I got this recipe from my dear friend Anne. It is a recipe she used at the preschool where she used to work. This super soft dough is easy and quick to make and it uses Kool-Aid which not only makes the dough smell good, but it colors it, too.

Kool-Aid Play Dough

2 cups boiling water
1/2 cup salt
3-4 cups flour
2 pkgs. unsweetened Kool-Aid powder
3 Tbsp. oil

Boil water in large pot, remove from heat, stir in remaining ingredients. Then knead dough with hands until it is the right consistency. You may add additional flour, if needed.

Happy Winter!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, all I have to say about the book and playdough thing is......GENIUS!!!!! Thanks for the idea. You were always the most creative friend I had!

Love ya!

annek said...

How funny...me and Bridger made that exact same playdough today...grape, yum!!