1/30/08

life goes on.


The only thing about life that stays the same is that it is always changing. My family and I have experienced a lot of major changes in the past while, and I've been so crazy this past month! One thing that has really helped me is friends and family who care. I am so grateful for the people in my life who love me. Life is a great balancing act with marriage, children, testimony, finances, housework, hobbies, friendships, and self. It is difficult to adjust to major change and keep up with most of these other things that also require daily maintenance. Life will not ever be how it was 4 months, 6 months, or a year ago. But friends and family are the constants in life that help you smile, move forward, and realize that yes, life is hard, but it is doable and so worth it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, seriously, could he be any cuter??? I want to just squeeze him and eat him up! And his name, it is just so fitting!

janet said...

I love you and your perspective. I totally get you! And I can't wait to read that talk later (as soon as my kids eat breakfast, that is!) Sometimes I get frustrated with myself because I can't function like I used to.. then I realize that I am not the same person that I was a year ago. All of my experiences have changed me. And every time I feel comfortable with my situation, that usually means I am ready for a big change. And every time our kids get older, we become a parent of someone older.. something we've never done before. Life is very challenging, and that's exactly why it's so worthwhile.

great post! I am ready to take on the DAY!

val said...

I totally agree Tristie. You said it so well. Life is always changing, "the trick is to enjoy the ride."
We made the move and are living with Matt's parents for the time being. I'm still sad about leaving Logan but I'm sure the change will be good for us, we just have to be patient.

Lifes Great Adventures said...

I know what you mean about change- things have changed alot for the both of us lately! I once read a poem that said life is like a book, there is some chapters you would like to read quickly and forget about ,but the good and bad chapters make up the whole book. The book wouldn't be the same without all the chapters in it.