12/22/07

So Berry FUN



Dax and I hosted the Berry funnest birthday party today for Little Babe. Three days before Christmas (and the final Saturday before, too) and every person she invited came. I guess it is 2 free hours for a parent to do stuff with one less kid in tow.

Dax made, frosted, and decorated the cake-- a very cute job, I might add. He totally saved the day-- the party could not have happened without him. We played games and did presents. Holy cow, it must be the giving season--Preslie made out like a bandit.


I had to post 2 group shots, just cause I think they are cute. We decorated these Strawberry Shortcake hats and wore the glasses. And I have no idea what my son is doing in the second pic. As this was my second kid birthday party, I've learned a couple things:

1. It is slightly more tricky to throw a party if there are boys and girls. For instance, girls like to decorate hats, boys do not, hence the photo. And if you are going to have prizes, get a few more than you need and some generic ones. I made the mistake of getting 2 "boy" prizes and I knew I was in trouble when one darling little girl saw the prize bucket and said, "Oh! I love Hot Wheels!"
2. Keep it simple. Last year, we had a Royal Ball for Preslie's party and went all out. It was tons of work and a complete blast. This year, we spent a fourth as much money and even less time and still had a complete blast.
3. Let them play. The activities and games are great, but playing is where they have the most fun and get to know each other better. And the birthday kid just got a bunch of new toys so ta-da!, you're set.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happiest of Birthdays Little Babe!!
The cake is PINK, FULL OF SUGAR, AND HAS SPINKLES ON IT -- it was perfect I am sure. XO, Grandpa

Tiffany said...

What a great party! I need to get me some of those FABULOUS glasses. Happy Birthday Preslie!

RaeLynn said...

Great advise, and adorable pictures. Love the strawberry cake. Work it Trist!

Kelly Nordfelt said...

Good tips! KC's party is coming...wish you were here to come!

Anonymous said...

Those glasses took my breath away. So very fabulous. The hats are incredible. Looks like loads of fun. Thanks for sharing. See you soon.

HeRoosSheRoos said...

What a fun day! I have such fond memories of growing up with strawberry shortcake. I can still remember just how wonderful my little doll smelled. Next party, I want to come! ;)

janet said...

Great tips. Love the cake. So cute that Dad made it!!

What a FUN birthday to have right before Christmas!