I am so excited to have a tree up finally. We were going to cut one in the mountains, but scheduling and snow prevented that. So we bought one (a real one) at one of the grocery stores here in town. My kids asked, "Why are we buying a tree at Stewarts? Mom hates that store." Ok, so I mention casually ONE time that I think Stewarts is kind of dumpy, and I can NEVER live it down with my kids. Every time we pass it, they say, "There's Stewarts Market. It is the dumpiest place in Roosevelt." So watch what you say in front of your kids. Back to the tree...
We had a wonderful time decorating the tree. The kids wanted the colored lights this year. And we put every ornament on. So not matching, so not coordinated, but so beautiful! I love it. Some day I will do a gorgeous theme-y tree (maybe-I am kind of cheap so I will have to find the ornaments on clearance after Christmas), but I love every tree and all decorations so it always turns out so great. As a side note, I would love to meet the person who designed the layout of our apartment and ask them what they were thinking. Our front room had no room to put the tree, so we moved the chair and put the tree in its place. Now...where to put the chair? In the spare bedroom, no. Thanks to the genius who decided to put the closet right next to the door making the doorway a bottle neck, there was no way of getting the chair into the bedroom. On the back porch? No. In the dumpster. Maybe. Ok, how about the bathroom. Yes. That is the only room in the house where the chair would fit. Who designs a bathroom with all that wasted space? And who needs a bathroom that big anyway. Leave all the space in the most used rooms--kitchen and family room, duh! So we have a giant chair in our bathroom, and a beautiful Christmas tree in our family room. Hooray.
5 comments:
Last year I hit the Jo-Anns 75% off after Christmas sale- The only problem, after Christmas who has money to spend on a Christmas tree? I would love to see a bathroom that big! Your fam looks darling by the way.
You're so funny Tristie! Thanks for the laugh. Your CD is in the mail!
What a crack up...I love that your kids have caught on to what's hip and what's dumpy :) Hilarious.
Love the tree! Once the tree is up, it is definitely Christmas time!! Yeah!
Tristie, I don't know if you remember me or not but my husband Brian and I were in your married ward in Logan-oh about 6 years ago! I totally remember you guys and how much fun you were, and how cute that little Preslie was (and how you used to make THE cutest prego clothes)...You have a beautiful family and looks like life it treating you well!
:-) I came across your blog and just had to comment, I noticed that you and Anne are still friends, she was always so nice too! It's so fun to come across old friends on this blogger thing!
Post a Comment