10/20/07

words to live by

It's Okay.

This is fast becoming my daily and hourly motto. It's okay that I only layed in my bed for 2 hours last night. It's ok that I didn't shower or get ready at all yesterday, that I haven't had a fresh haircut in 4 months, or a good hair day in a week. It's ok that all my shirts are too tight (and my pants for that matter), that I got everyone ready today and walked us all to the post office and arrived there at 12 noon, just as they closed for the day. It's ok that my kitchen is messy and so is every other room in my apt and so is my bed (which I will probably not make until I have company over or until the baby sleeps at night...I mean, why make it when I plan to get back in it any chance I get?) It's ok to have undone projects and cupcake crumbs on the floor from 2 days ago and laundry in the dryer and dust on the TV and a daughter with hair not fixed or me with hair not fixed. All of these things are ok because I got up and fed my family and kept them safe and happy today. That is what being a mom is about. And it is most definitely okay to be a mom.

6 comments:

val said...

You're SO right on. This may be the best post of the year. As long as your kids are alive at the end of the day...that's all that matters right?

RaeLynn said...

I have to agree. There are many days that go by where I feel like this (and I only have one!)

Chelsea said...

oh man...if you only knew how many times I say this to myself a day...YES the motto to live by!!!

Anonymous said...

"Mom", is a title of affection, honor, and respect. YOU ARE THE GREATEST !! You are more than OK, you are wonderful. Thanks for all you do and all you are -- keep it up as long as you can then go rest. VCR's and Disney Movies are a gifts from Heaven for Mom's with little ones and hair issues. XOXO, Grandpa

Kelly Nordfelt said...

AMEN SISTA!! I have days like that already and I don't have #3 yet. Yikes!

Robyn said...

Tristie, you make me so feel so happy and excited about becoming a mom. It can be downright scary at times to realize that life as I have always known it is about to end! So it's good to have a little re-assurance, just when I didn't know I needed it. :)