10/10/07

your first week


My sweet baby, you have gone through a lot in your short 7 days here!


  • taking your first breath

  • seeing light for the first time

  • peeing on the doc just seconds after he delivered you

  • learning to nurse instead of being nurished through the u. cord

  • circumcision (ouch...will this EVER go out of style?...I just trusted his dad on this one)

  • losing 11 ounces of weight, and then gaining it back

  • staying up until 5:30am your first night home

  • accepting about 100 or more kisses from P and H

  • battling through high biliruben counts

  • patiently letting a nurse put things in your ears for your hearing test

  • getting your heel pricked twice for pku and bili tests

  • shooting poop on grandma

  • sunbathing in the window

  • being the sweetest baby ever!

We love you Mack!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Sweet boy--can you believe we put them through all that? Welcome to the world, bam! I guess it's for their good, but I had to leave the room, then the reception area, THEN the building when they were pricking Abbey's heel because I could hear her crying. I was a liiiiitlle emotional...

RaeLynn said...

Oh heavens...he is perfect! What a little stud!