10/31/07

halloween havoc





We got back from west jordan this afternoon and the kids were crazy so i made them lye down while i tried to put together a ghost costume and unpack and nurse the baby, etc. Then the hus came home from his 3 day trip and was exhausted. We dragged the kids out of bed to carve pumpkins, got our costumes on and by time we got over to the church for our Halloween party, they were cleaning up. I felt SO bad that the kids didn't get to have fun at the party! Hunter boy had picked out all sorts of treats that he was so excited to pass out to the children and they have been so pumped to go to the party for weeks. oh well. they ran around the gym with the bishop's kids and Dax was so helpful, he went and got his blow gun to get the helium balloons down from the gym ceiling...what a gentleman. we got home and i carved one more pumpkin and i fed the kids dinner (it was 9pm) which they wolfed down--wonder why-- and now we are all trashed, but it was a fun and crazy halloween. I love dressing up the kids and myself. We had a ghost, a witch, I was Olive Oyl and the baby was SweetPea and my husband was Bluto...didn't have enough time to dress him up, and he was secretly grateful...you know how boys are about these things. I always love halloween and I wanted to do more with our costumes, but I am not yet used to how much longer everything takes with an added newborn. Looking forward to next year!

4 comments:

karlin said...

Tristie... hey, I found your blog through Janet and Val. It is so cute. Your family is darling. You are such a cute Mom. Just wanted to let you know that I peak in on your blog on occasion... I just started one!kesslerkrew.blogspot.com
Karlin

janet said...

Wow! What a day! We kind of did the same (getting home from WJ, going straight to our ward party etc) but a newborn/nursing does make it more crazy. Great job whipping everything together. I am sure it was fun for the kids.....

Abbey said...

Thanks for posting Halloween pics! It looks like you guys had tons of fun. I love you costume.. you're so creative! And by the way, thanks for letting me borrow the tooth fairy costume.

annek said...

You are such a fun gal! I absolutely love your costume! You're one of the funnest people I know! Next year will definitely be more calm...hopefully!