11/5/07

speaking of Wal-Mart...

When I was in WJ last week, I went to Sam's Club with my 1 gb memory card to print some photos. I had hundreds of photos on there to go through, you know I just had a baby. So I went through all of them and edited and ordered all the ones I wanted. I was so excited to finally print them because there is literally no where to print photos in Roosey (such a hard adjustment for me, btw), so the next morning before I left town, I went to get them and the photo gal said that I'd have to re-send them because their machines are not working right...ok, yeah, I'll get right on that...since my hungry newborn is with my mom, it takes 10 minutes for your machine just to load my 300 photos, and I am about to travel back home which is 200 miles from here, so the fact that I even got here to send them at all was completely convenient.


Then last night, Pres got invited to a birthday party, which I was thrilled about, since we are all sick of each other at this point and it will be so fun for her to have that to change things up a bit. So, I prepared all last night so I could make the hour round-trip into Vernal to get a gift for the little girl (again, no stores here), print my photos, get my oil changed, and be back before Preslie got home from school. I transferred the photos I wanted from my old desktop computer onto my jump drive and uploaded them to walmart.com on my husband's laptop--my desktop doesn't have high-speed capabilities-- and edited and ordered all the prints I wanted again, so they would be ready for me when I got there the next day. I had 2 other memory cards that were full also, but they are smaller, so I figured I'd just use the kiosk there in the store. So I get there, and thankfully, my order I'd placed was there. I go to use the kiosk, however, and of 5 kiosks, only one was working and it was the one with a sign on it that read "This is not a 1 hour kiosk." I am not going to come back here in a couple of days to pick up my pictures! I swear, that Vernal Walmart is so ghetto sometimes. Their photo machines never work, yet it is the only place within 100 miles that you can print photos. Hel-LO! It is like I am on another planet out here sometimes. Another very less advanced planet. Anyway, I'm back to transferring the photos from one computer to another, 10 at a time...talk about less advanced. I think it's time to buy a new computer. I am happy about the great prints I did get, this one included.

6 comments:

janet said...

at least you get your pictures printed.. It's been forever since I have-- probably because of similar experiences. but lately I am ordering online and having them shipped to my house.. for my sanity.

annek said...

Welcome to my world! Life in a small town is very inconvenient. Sorry about the bad luck!

Kelly Nordfelt said...

Tristie,
Come live in Arizona! Dax could study all the scorpians, gila monsters and lizards. Then we could hang out!!

RaeLynn said...

OH my gosh...I am stressed FOR you! That is insane. I had no idea Roosevelt was that teeny! I'm with Janet. I do all my digital printing online. Plus, you get a bunch free when you're new, like Snapfish, Shutterfly, etc. In fact--if you google "free digital prints" You can find a way to get like 300 free digital prints! It's real too. I did it :) Twice actually. heh.

Kimberly said...

Lol to nordfelt family's comment. I second that! I know exactly where you are coming from.

Jill Bowcutt said...

Tristie, I also just order mine online because EVERY single time I go into Sams or Walmart, something like this happens. It drives me crazy! I go through Smapfish and sometimes Kodak has good prices. Anyway, I feel your pain (except for the part about not having anywhere to print pictures. I don't have that problem).