Our anniversary was Saturday, the 17th, so The Man got us a hotel in Park City for Friday night and we took the whole family. The kids were so excited to stay in a hotel- they think it is so cool. We got to the Marriott in P.C. and it was super nice...comfy beds, tons of fluffy pillows...and then my kids start yelling, "Look, there's a TV, theres a TV!!!" We turned our cable off last December so TV is quite a novelty to all of us. The big kids loved jumping across from one bed to the other. The baby loved eating and being held. The adults loved RELAXING! It was so nice not to have to DO anything! Just chill. We ate great food...Don Pedro's in Heber City was delish. The next morning, after a nutritious McD's breakfast, we hit the stores. I was so excited to SHOP. But so were the hundreds of other people taking advantage of the wonderful, warm November Saturday. It was quite a thing trying to shop in such crowds with a stroller and two other kids. But we managed, thanks to a patient husband and the playground equipment! The kids pooped out early on in the day so they went back to the hotel with dad and had a nap. After that, the baby and I did some major power shopping and we accomplished my one mission which was to find one pair of jeans and one shirt that fit me. I did that, and also got a few necessities for the children, as any mother would. It was a fun and refreshing vacation and a great way to celebrate being married for SEVEN great years! Wow!









6 comments:
That looks like so much fun! I'm glad you guys got to get away with each other for a night, even if it was with the kiddies. Happy Annaversary! We cannot wait to see you guys for Thanksgiving!!!
Funny that kids love hotels. We still laugh about when we went to a hotel (not so nice) and our kids were screaming about everything. Ben said, "Hey, they have a bed AND a TV?" Then Luke screamed, "AND A WALL!!" It was so funny. what a great way to celebrate your anniversary.. it just feels good to be together and get away for a weekend! Good for you looking so hot after a new baby!
Seriously...you did NOT just have a baby. It's impossible. How do some people make it look so easy? :) You looks great! I think I'm weird, but I don't mind shopping with the crowds (unless I'm toting Cole around with me, and he's cranky). Happy Anniversary!
Happy Anniversary!! Sounds like you had a great time together. Did Dax plan that or did you? I'll tell you, Rusty would never think of doing something as adventurous as that. Our anniversary always seems to be a grouse hunt. Congrats!!
Wow! we do have close anniversaries. Abbey tells me that Mac and Molly are going to get married and be Mac and Molly Mangus and that they have a date to meet when you guys come down for thanksgiving. She is such a goof. But its okay with me.
Congratulations! Looks like fun, but now you need a night away from the kids to really celebrate! ha! What good parents you are.
Post a Comment