11/9/07

Moms are the best!

My mama called me today and it was really great to talk to her. I wanted to share some of my favorite pics of her and me. We are at my brother's 2 years ago, helping build a garage and listening to some oldies songs...


"You're just too good to be true, can't take my eyes off you. You'd be like heaven to touch, I wanna hold you so much..."


What a COOL lady. She is seriously amazing. A total champ. When I was in young women's, my bishop told me if I could become half as good as she is, I'd go to heaven. I believe him. I kinda hope that means I can have half as many kids as her, too. (She has 8).
Some things she has taught me: a place for everything and everything in its place, work before play, financial responsibility, unwavering faith, endure to the end, how to make yummy pumpkin pie, babies are supposed to be a lot of work, family are the best friends we have, admitting your mistakes to your kids is ok, being a home mama makes a huge difference in the lives of your children, why buy it if you can make your own, etc, etc...
There is so much to being a good mom. I would love to hear why your mom is a good one.

6 comments:

Abbey said...

I think your mom is great as well!!! I loved hanging out with her when baby Mack was born.

I agree with how cool moms are! I love mine so much and am so anxious to someday move closer to her. I talked to my mom this morning for a long while and I've came to the conclusion that you're never too big or too old to be hugged by your mom... I needed one today and even though it was over the phone, talking to her calmed me SO much!!

I think you're a great mom Trist and I hope that I can live up to the standards that you've set in our family when I become a mom.

Francine said...

What a sweet post. I loved seeing those pictures of you and your mom. I haven't visited your blog in a bit. I love the new header picture too. You are an amazing woman to keep it so together without your husband for such a long time, even with your "I can't do this right now" moments. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who has those times. I think of those "scrapbook warehouse sales" to get me through too.

Anonymous said...

Kudos to Mama W. I, too, think she is amazing. The fruit doesn't fall fall from the tree. So lucky D. found you.

Anonymous said...

Oops, I made a typo in my last comment. I meant to say, "The fruit doesn't fall far from the tree." Sorry.

Anonymous said...

I love this post because I think Mom's are the best. My Mom was the greatest. She was so unselfish and always put others first. Her joy in life was her children. I only hope to love and nurture my children the way she did. Karlin

annek said...

Thanks for telling us about your mom. I think you are a great mom too.
I love my mom because she always seems to know the right things to say, even if it isn't the answer you want to hear. Isn't that what moms are for?