12/4/08

thanksgiving


Recipe for a fun, loud Thanksgiving holiday:

12 adults
2 teenagers
10 little kids
1 foreign exchange student
3.5 bedrooms
1 canine
18 lbs. of turkey
10 pies
mom's cashew stuffing
1 gorgeous Christmas tree
1 family portrait session
Mix for 4 days at full speed.


Other highlights:
taking Mack for a ride on the four-wheeler. He calls it a "wee wee wee"
seeing my new nephew and all his glorious hair

spending time with my whole family- a rare and wonderful thing that we were ALL able to come. We had a family portrait taken and after that, the Hathaways treated us to huge yummy lunch at the Mayan.





A pic of the Triple Threat: Tristie 1 (me), Tristie 2 (my niece Aubrae), and Tristie 3 (Preslie).
My brother Matt calls us three girls by our respective Tristie numbers because he thinks we look so much alike.


The most fun thing was surprising my parents with a new 9 foot Christmas tree completely decorated and a lighted garland on their railing. My sisters and I had fun hunting for all the ornaments and star for the top. We put it up and decorated it after my parents went to bed. We were so excited, we made Trent go and wake them back up when we were done! So mean! I can't blame my dad for saying "Just shut up and go to sleep." He has no recollection of that.





So fun to see everyone; I didn't want to go home!

7 comments:

K said...

So glad you had a great Thanksgiving. What a great idea to get a tree and decorate it for your parents. They'll enjoy that for years to come.

Sant Family said...

I love that you made this a recipe! You are so creative! I can hardly wait to see the family picture. What kind of tree did you guys do? I allegedly say stuff in my sleep, too.

moi said...

Tristie, I totally need your e-mail address. e-mail it to val99star@yahoo.com

Jill Denham said...

Hey Tristie, it is so nice to see you! I found your blog off the WJ HS site! Hope all is well :)
Jill Larsen-Denham

Tiffany said...

Glad you got to be with your whole family! Can't wait to see the picture.

Anonymous said...

I love your family so much. I never wanted to leave you house either! Sometimes I didn't!!!! I am glad you had a wonderful holiday. I love that video of Tyrel and Pres singing, that was so cute.

Jaedon Flora said...

Ok Tristie - I can't believe I missed like 16 posts! You are so amazing girl. I love you so much and I just know we could be best buddies if you but moved that new house of yours to Idaho. xoxoxo I seriously think you are soooooooooooooooooooooo amazing. I want to be like you when I grow up.