12/17/08

Peter Pan (is a girl)

...and one heck of a dancer. Preslie's dance studio put on the show Peter Pan tonight. The dances followed the story, with each class taking a part. Preslie's class were Indians and did a darling job. The pre-show, however, featured singers from who knows where that warmed up the audience with some Christmas numbers that reminded me a lot of fingernails on a chalkboard. Dax did his usual thing when he gets uncomforable watching something...said he had to go to the bathroom. Later, I asked him if he really had to go or was he just embarrassed for the singers. He claimed that it wasn't that he was embarrassed, but he respected himself too much to subject himself to that.

Upon leaving the recital, Hunter said, "I liked it, but there's one thing I didn't understand. In Preslie's dance performance, Peter Pan was actually a GIRL. I just can't get over that."

10 comments:

Andrew said...

"...he respected himself too much to subject himself to that."

Tristie,

Where do I send the check? Because I am buying the rights to use that line. LMAO!

K said...

What a darling photo of Preslie. How fun that she danced in a recital, and how funny are your boys?!

Anonymous said...

Preslie looks wonderful. Sounds like a great time was had by all, including Dax. Rock on you busy parents; it's not over yet.

Ewell said...

I love all the journaling. I need to get better. Very cute blog thanks for sending it to me.

Mom of three ♥ said...

Tristie, Hey while I was blog stalking like many others I came across yours on Kelly's blog and wanted to say hi! Cute family you have. Where are you living now?

You can check out my blog at holbrookfam4.blogspot.com

Take care,
Amber( Kuehne) Holbrook ~

Sant Family said...

I felt the same way as Hunter when I found out that skinny chick who did Wheat Thins commercials was Peter Pan. What? A girl? No.

I was quite distressed.

Preslie look so cute!

Tiffany said...

Dax.... such a softy :)

Kimberly said...

Wait 'til he grows up and learns that Peter Pan was almost always played by a girl. :)

annek said...

Sounds like a fun night...I bet Preslie just loved it. And thank Dax for the laugh...I miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

mom that was fun!