I have to shop with a grocery list and even then, it never fails that I get home with a billion bags of food and I forgot one obvious necessity. Christmas lists are helpful too. I write down all the people I want to give to and ideas I have for them. Some lists are annoying and evil. Like To-Do lists. I like to think of mine as suggestions and most of the time, I just roll the stuff I didn't get done onto tomorrow's list.
Today is the first day this week a got everything on my list crossed off. I enjoy working hard but also look forward to a day on my calandar that nothing is written on it. I'm not into being so scheduled. Unless it is fun, like when I write on my list: make cookies, or go on a date. One thing I am crossing off my to-do list is Christmas cards because I am not doing any. Which saves me from another list entirely -the mailing list. I love my friends dearly and I know they love me enough to excuse me this year. I love to get cards with pictures (and a written something!) but I excuse everyone from sending me one because I don't expect to get any if I don't send any.
One thing I need to get on my list more often is hang out with this guy, minus the baby.
While I checking off some computer related things on today's list the baby was being surprisingly good...I looked behind me and saw why:
Preslie saw the empty cookie box he was carrying and took pity on him by giving him a little Debbie snack cake. I promptly put the little darling baby into the bath (which was on my list anyway) and he came out clean and smelling yummy with the beginnings of little blonde curls on that big head.
And now that all the kiddos are in bed, I'm going to work on crossing "Read Twilight" off my list. I am anxious to see the movie, not so much because I am in love with the book, but because I can write "Go on a date" on my list!
5 comments:
I am glad that I am not the only one doing Christmas cards this year. I feel like everyone that I would send a card to reads my blog. That's a dumb excuse. I will be doing them next year. I just took a year off I guess!
Girl you know I love ya, and don't you worry, I am not doing cards this year either. I am with Kelly...reading my blog is my friend's christmas cards! I love your pictures and I am so excited for you to move into your beautiful home. We have to get together soon. I miss you! Tell your family Happy Holiday's for me and that I love them dearly. I hope you have a WONDERFUL Christmas.
Tina
I live by lists for sure! I've passed this on to my son as well. It's a great way to be organized as long as you can stay flexible like you do-rolling it over to the next day. Some days I have to write take a shower on there so I can cross something off! BTW Sorry, nothing hand written on my card, it's a time thing, not a love thing:)
I am a list girl too! Nothing gives me greater satisfaction then crossing things off my list (even though some days I only cross off one thing) That is still one thing that is done! LOVE the lists!
You finished everything on your list! What hope you give. I never knew it was possible.
Post a Comment