12/25/08

Home for Christmas

On the night of Christmas Eve, we decided to act out the Nativity, Dax style. We wrote the different parts of the story on pieces of paper and then drew out the part we would play. For example, Dax drew the Angel and Hunter drew baby Jesus so they played those parts. Then we acted the parts that seemed fitting with Mack being the Babe, Dax the shephard, and Me the angel, naturally. Preslie and Hunter were Mary and Joseph. I could barely sleep that night, and especially in the early morning. I was so excited and jumped out of bed when I heard the kids awake and screaming for joy. Santa had wrapped Preslie's whole bike and she was so surprised to see that huge present for her. She had asked for a Camp Rock Barbie and she couldn't imagine what was under all that wrapping.
Hunter asked Santa to bring him a surprise this year and he thrilled with his pirate ship.
Mack saw his tricycle and knew instantly it was his and kept saying "Ba" (bike) all day.

My sister, Trina and her family had us for Christmas and they spoiled us rotten. They hooked the kids up majorly, and helped us buy a gas range for our house.

My parents always ask what the kids need and I really appreciate that. Most of our money lately has gone for building supplies so my kids really needed the clothes from Grandma and Grandpa!
Dax's folks were instructed not to give us any gifts because they are helping us build the house, but they didn't listen and gave Dax an MP3 player; the kids and I also got fun surprises.
I got some camo hunting pants from Dax and the best present of all being able to stay home with my family for Christmas. It was so relaxing to not travel, pack and load gifts and try and keep surprises in the car, and not fight bad weather and roads. This Christmas has been one of my favorites because of all the things we did together as a family during December. We did tons of surprise deliveries and I got to practice beautiful Christmas songs for the choir to sing in Sacrament meeting. I really felt the love of Christ this year and also the love of my awesome family. I feel like I've had 100 Christmases each time I think of the new house that is being built for us and all the loving hands that are contributing to it. I truly did not want one thing this year because I don't think I have room enough to receive any more. My heart is full and my arms are full of the people I love. I could not ask for more.

3 comments:

Sant Family said...

I LOVE to stay home for Christmas.

I am so glad you guys had such a wonderful time. I love the last two lines of this post - so fabulous.

Anonymous said...

You don't know me--I just happened upon your adorable blog. I just wanted to share the word about this free blog makeover contest going on right now. Go here to enter: www.designerblogsbyerin.blogspot.com. Not that you need one...I just wanted to spread the word! :)

Kimberly said...

I was just looking at that cute patchwork quilt of yours. Oddly enough I started one exactly like it (same colors and everything) a few years back and never finished it. Maybe that will have to be my January project. I love watching your house grow. So much fun!