11/26/08

a day in the life of a wildlife biologist

Dax spent the night out working in one of the areas he's in charge of and called the the next day and said, "I have a wild surprise for you guys in the back of my truck." My first thought was that he cut a Christmas tree for us. Then the word "wild" assured me it was something dead.


Sure enough, he found this mountain lion dead out on a dirt road that must have been hit by a car. Mack was doing his normal, "kitty, kitty, kitty" and "mow" when he saw it.


Fun to see a cougar this close up. Would not be so fun if it was alive.

6 comments:

K said...

This brings back memories of my childhood. My Dad is a biologist and works for the F&G, so we always had fun animals around our house, usually alive though while we nursed them back to health. Our favorites were a baby bobcat, and a bear cub.

Anonymous said...

Tristie, I love your posts! Your parents are so cute. I love them! Mack looks so much like Zya, it is crazy! Tell Tyrel I said hello. He is such a handsome devil! And BTW.....the colors for your house are AMAZING!!!! Everything about them is perfect! Congrats....almost done!!!!

Kimberly said...

Well that's cool.

NT said...

Hey Tristie- It's Nate Trayner. Just found your blog from a link on Tanelle's. Good to see you and Dax doing so well and so happy. Just wanted to let you know about our class reunion website at www.wjhs1999.myevent.com. I'm working on getting a reunion organized, if you are interested in helping send me an email at nate.trayner@gmail.com. It's been a bit difficult as I live in Michigan, Spencer lives in Hawaii, and Justin lives in Pennsylvania, and nobody knows where Danielle is, but hopefully we can get a great reunion planned. In any case, if you could spread the word about the website, that would be great.

Neal said...

I love it. I wish he would have brought it to my house!

Cori and Dusty said...

Are you sure a vampire didn't get it?