Me: The music I've been asked to play for the ward choir is above my current sightreading level so I will be at the church this week polishing the songs that we will be performing next Sunday. I am looking forward to moving into my first house, but when I think about it sometimes, I get a little freaked out! I have never been in charge of something that big and expensive and I guess I'm afraid of the unknown. But mostly it will be fun, yay! Sheetrocking begins this week!
Preslie surprised me one day this week and unloaded the entire dishwasher. I thought it was sweet how she pushed a chair over so she could reach to put things away in the cabinets. She has so much energy, she cannot contain it nor does she know what to do with it all (and neither do we). I love her smile with her new big permanent teeth. She reads so well. She earned a book-it coupon from school so after our yard sale Saturday, we got pizza. I swear, Pizza Hut's pizzas get smaller yet more expensive everytime we go there. These free book-it coupons are going to cost us a fortune.
Hunter has been very conscious of keeping his room clean since our purge. He tends to get overstimulated so I think he thrives on order-but ironically doesn't know how to achieve order because he gets overwhelmed by chaos and doesn't know where to start. He and I are alike in that.
The other day I walked in his bedroom to find him sitting on the floor with a serious look on his face. Here is the conversation we had...
me: "What's wrong, buddy?"
him: "Life is hard. I didn't know life was so hard when you're five."
him: "Life is hard. I didn't know life was so hard when you're five."
me: "What is hard about it bud?"
him: "It's just hard. It's dang hard. You have to get your five-year-old shots."
Preslie has been preparing him for his school shots for a while and I think he's half scared to death. He is just a doll and he sometimes thinks the word DAD is spelled D-A-X.
Preslie has been preparing him for his school shots for a while and I think he's half scared to death. He is just a doll and he sometimes thinks the word DAD is spelled D-A-X.
Mack is getting braver and taking more steps on his own. He doesn't seem rushed to walk full-time; he is fast enough at crawling. He is mastering stairs and LOVES LOVES LOVES to go outside. Whenever any door is closed he points to it and says "door" until we open it so he's not left out of what is happening on the other side. He is mimmicking more sounds and words. It is a fun age. Taking a 1-year-old anywhere that you have to sit still is a nightmare, though. Church proves more and more difficult; the countdown to nursery begins. 
6 comments:
so cute about the hard life your 5 year old is living :)
i love that dax read twilight! hahaha. and i'm cracking up about hunter's hard life. bless his heart :)
Ohhhhh to be 5 again! Loved reading the updates.
That's awesome that Dax read Twilight. I thought you were waiting until he could read it with you. What happened there? I'm excited for the movie. Loved all the updates. Somedays I could a sweet little girl to help around the house. Giggling about the hard life Hunter has. It is eye opening though that everyone has trials even our kids, no matter how small they are to the people not going through them. Good lesson to be learned there. And all I can say about Mack is, I just want to squeeze that little darling!
Oh the drama at church....I so know your pain, I too am on the countdown to nursery 31 days, 7 hours and 56 minutes!!! No more chasing twins out from under the relief society table! OH, the embarrasment!
I love that Dax read that before you. And I'm with Hunter and the shots. It's taking me a good week to gear up to go get flu shots for everyone.
Post a Comment