
A few minutes after that, a flash of a little girl handed this note to me and ran out of the room.

I'm not sure which hint gave it away more- the one she wrote, or the 'P' shaped paper. Christmas time is so much fun and there definitely IS a magic there. I know it has to do with anticipation of gifts, but I think it is also that we feel the Spirit of Christ in our hearts more because we love and serve more. I am excited to instill real Christmas joy in my children.
And I also love Santa Claus dearly. My kids wrote their letters to Santa and Hunter was anxious to mail them off today, which we did. He told me he didn't need to write Santa's address on the envelope because everyone knows Santa lives at the North Pole.
I discovered a new advantage of not having cable as my kids were writing letters to Santa and could not think of anything good to ask for. They don't see any toy ads ever. That coupled with the fact that we have no shopping options where we live makes this Christmas great. We cannot be wrapped up too many wants because we have no idea what is out there! I am thrilled that Santa can truly surprise them this year. I really can't wait to see what he'll bring!
5 comments:
Love it. That is what it is all about... good family time and enjoying the MAGIC.
really can i say those two little notes almost made me cry? silly I'm sure, but I LOVED them! so sweet. I think I need you to write a book for me about all of your fun, creative, and special things you do with your kids:) you're a good mom!
Oh Trist. That is so cute. The whole thing from beginning to end. I love that your kids aren't being preyed on by marketing crazies who want kids to think they need EVERYTHING they lay their eyes on. This was so sweet. I love how kids just can't stand keeping things a secret. Keep us updated! :)
You have such great ideas, and how cute are your kids? I love the notes and that they were so excited about the "secret". They just say and write the cutest things ever. So much fun.
That's a great idea. Our kids desperately need someone they can give secret kindness to. We're going to do that.
Post a Comment