
My dad is a Vietnam Veteran so of course we celebrated today by taking a trailer full of garbage to the county dump. It was closed. Instead of driving 40 miles for nothing, Dax and I stopped at a little Mexican restaurant in town and had lunch with our boys. YUM. It reminded me of the food at El Torro Viejo in Logan, which I love. Then we stopped to say hi to some friends that live close by before heading back home. And all still with the trailer of garbage in tow. But here is some exciting news: sheetrock is being delivered at the house right now! I am excited to get real actual walls. It is a happy, good day.
4 comments:
Even the mention of El Torro Viejo makes me salivate. Logan has some good food!
And, the Mexican place had my favorite Mexican candy, Pelón Pelo Rico (which translated means roughly Big Hair, Delicious Hair). It is sugary paste made with tamarind root and chili powder that you squeeze out of little holes in the top of a tube, supposedly giving the appearance of hair. So good. The Mexi food is the only thing that made the 80 mile round trip hauling garbage both ways bearable.
Dax
Hey, your dad is a Vietnam vet? Tell him thanks. In fact, show him your thanks by letting him know that the Golden Corral has free dinners for all vets on Monday November 17 from 5-9 pm. Get there early as it fills up fast and the lines outside get long.
It's a great way to meet with fellow vets and share stories. I love it!
Warby
Okay, I think it is awsome that Dax read Twilight! I love those books Tristie....sit down and read them, seriously! Okay, so I have to tell you, PLEASE visit http://www.colewhatcott.blogspot.com. You knew Nick and I just thought you would want to know about his baby.
Love ya,
Tina
Post a Comment