5/27/08

What shoes are you going to wear with that?


Preslie at age 20 months playing in my shoes


Preslie at age 4, riding a scooter in plastic heels

Little Babe has always been fond of shoes. But lately, she is insane. She has layed out her outfit for school (or church) the night before for about 2 weeks now and always tries to match her shoes with it. She begged me to let her wear her plastic Cinderella dress-up shoes to her Kindergarten post-test. I let her. I figured it wasn't regular school, so it was fine. On Saturday while we were in WJ, my dad and I stopped at a neighbor's yard sale and I found her some darling pink cowgirl boots for $2 (I will post a pic later) which she loves. She has begged me to wear flip-flops to school for a month even though her teacher has asked parents not to do that, because all her friends wear flip-flops to school. I feel like I have a mini-teen on my hands. Oh, and how about the little meltdown she had the other day when we wouldn't buy her some silver sandals at Payless? Today, she came into the room carrying a pile of my shoes and said to me, "These are all the shoes that I think are cute." (see pic at left) She wanted to wear her pink sparkly dress up shoes to pack meeting tonight because they matched her pink sparkly shirt so well. The best is that everyday when I get dressed and I am ready to take her to school, she always asks me, "What shoes are you going to wear with that?"

15 comments:

K said...

Shoes are extremely important! You should get that sign for her that says Cinderella is proof that a pair of shoes can change your life. I love that saying. I love the first photo of her. I remember very well when she was that age. So fun.

ZyAubRinaSon said...

Shoes and candles were her all time favorite. Love that little princess!

ZyAubRinaSon said...

P. S. love the hair cut!

Tiffany said...

She sounds like her Mommy! You always wear the funnest shoes! I have bought a few and Mike will respond something like "Well, Tristie would like them" Funny huh! I take it as a great compliment! I cant imagine what my shoes would look like if he picked them for me!

Katrina said...

Oh, how different boys and girls are! I am amazed that she already has that sense of style -- what a kick! Dax better make a lot of cash for when she's a teen and wants hundreds of shoes. I think I could get into a shoe habit myself -- I tell Russ that when he is done with school I am going to become addicted. Right now there isn't any cash coming in, so my flip flops will have to do. I hope someday I can be like Preslie!!

annek said...

So funny. Shoes are important...and I'm with her about the fit in Payless. It's the worst when you find a pair you really love and just can't get em. She is just too stinkin' cute!

Accuracy Sports said...

Tristie, "The shoes don't fall far from the foot". Preslie has your sense of style and can develop it to a full-blown fashion at the age of 6!!! You do indeed wear some fine shoes so how can Preslie do anything but what she sees her mom do?

Brittany said...

Oh! SO cute!!! She Is only in kindergarden? WOW!! She is so smart!!! She needs to skip a couple of grades.... or she can come and egimacate me! jk Love ya! CAn't wait!!! 2 weeks 2days!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Cute story- I understand her fixation with shoes!

Anonymous said...

Oh how I feel your pain. At least you can get her to set out her clothes. Addison changes 25 times in the morning and fights with me EVERY MORNING without fail about what she will wear. That pic of her at 20 months is soooo cute. I love it.

Clint, Brielle, Molly and Maggie said...

Okay- My bows turned out cute, I have started making more with ribbon that are my new fav. I will post them somewhere on my blog they are fun to make and a good source of extra cash. Did pres get her hair cut it is extremely cute. She look so grown up. The sink is the place to be for the children when I get ready.

Anonymous said...

Yup, she's living doll who loves shoes just like her mommy. Love the haircut. She better get ready to make lots of money to afford all the shoes she adores. See you soon.

janet said...

love it. I wouldn't know what to do with a little girl who was so into shoes because I am not at all. Love her enthusiasm and the fashion designer in her!

Kelly Nordfelt said...

I am glad that you have a daughter that loves sparkly pink shirts as much as mine. She is a mini Tristie. I love it!

kkoyle said...

Um , can I just say that reese is the exact same way! One of her first words was 'shoe.'

kyle