I go and am waiting for her grade to come to the gym, and trying to distract Mack from running through the school, I was showing him pictures on my camera.. which I realized were ALL of him. He has just been so darn cute lately! And also really naughty taking off his diaper whenever he poops; I've been scrubbing carpet every day. He also finds the most creative (messy) ways to eat and drink. It is so naughty but we all laugh 'cause we can't help it! This face has magic powers over me...
He is so darling to watch play in the snow. He loves to dig but mostly just eats it. Doesn't matter if it's on the road or sidewalk, gravelly or clean or in the buffalo chute, he'll eat it.

I was showing Mack all these cute pics of himself and he would not hold still and kept screaming, "Help! Help! Help me!" as I was trying to contain him and quiet him so the parents could hear their darlings recite poems. There were about 19 kids so it took a bit for them all to get a turn and for the judges to make their marks after each child.
Preslie went and I could tell that she was nervous but she did really well and I was proud that she still had it memorized and spoke clearly.
Well, she won FIRST PLACE!
The look on her face was so priceless; she was shocked! Then she could not stop beaming. I just wanted to run up there and hug her guts out. It was so fun.
She is now invited to go to the district competition next week. I learned a lot of Mom lessons this week like- taking time to help your kids try something new and fun pays off. And- fighting a two-year-old to sit and be quiet can have its rewards, and mostly I need to have a happy attitude when it comes to helping my kids. After all, they are why I chose to be a Mom. So I might as well do it with smile!
7 comments:
Congrats Preslie. What a good reminder to us Moms to enjoy the day to day living a bit more than we sometimes do. Heaven only knows I needed a reminder like that this week:)
Great post Tristie (yay Preslie!)... I especially love the last two lines. Thanks for the reminder! :)
Congratulations Preslie!! You have a mind like a steel trap for memorizing. I love poems, too. You're awesome and I'm very proud of you.
Congratulations to Preslie! What a cutie smartie she is!
I love you Tristie - You always put into words how I feel!
Ooops I just had to stop a fight and I forgot to tell Preslie that she is amazing and congratulations!
Such a sweet post. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment