What an exciting and memorable experience! Our first child was baptized and confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Her grandma gave a wonderful talk about baptism and the Holy Ghost. It was a beautiful way to start off this special occasion. Then Preslie was baptized and confirmed by Dax.
After Preslie was baptized, I was helping her get dressed and all of a sudden she said, "Mom! I'm baptized!" and then she stared giggling. It was so cute, I could tell she was excited and was feeling those good feelings we all get from doing right.
Some special people that love Preslie were there. Bishop and his wife Diana and Sister Olsen from the primary presidency.

Our friends Dave and Connie from our previous ward. They lived near our apartment and Connie was primary president in that ward. Dax's parents came to share our special time as well. My parents were going to come but they both got the flu the day before. We sure missed them!
We love Preslie and the fun girl she is and the energy and spunk she brings to our family. She is an obedient and loving daughter and we appreciate the example she sets for her brothers. I can't believe we have an 8-year-old!
5 comments:
When Ben was baptized, I felt like it was an out of body experience.. it's hard to admit that i have a child THAT old. But afterward, my husband and I were talking and we came to the conclusion that it wasn't really REAL for me because I didn't really participate. He said the most tender moments were before and after in the bathroom changing. I realized then how special it would be to have a girl. I love your bathroom moment. I think Preslie is such a doll. Yeah for children who want to choose the right!
WHAT...... I cannot even fathom our girls being old enough to get baptized. So proud of you Pres!
Tristie you look like one hot Momma, way too young to have an 8 yr. old!!
Congrats to such a wonderful family! We are so happy for Preslie! She is such a cute girl and a good example for Brinley! She is so kind to our kids. Good work Dax & Tristie! How exciting!
I can't believe she is old enough to be baptized! I remember when she was born. I actually remember when Dax bore his testimony at her blessing. Born on Christmas Eve, blessed on Super Bowl Sunday- this kid is off to a great start.
She looks beautiful in her baptism dress. Such a special day for everyone. You'll always remember it.
Preslie - I am so proud of you. Thank you for being such a wonderful little girl. I love you dearly and I wished I could have been there to give you a big squishy hug and kiss. Don't worry though, I will see you soon and you will get the biggest hug and slobberiest kiss from your Aunt Tisha EVER!! Love you sweetie!
Post a Comment