Dax invited us to go to work with him to check out his current project: the Bison Transplant! Just like last winter, he organized and carried out a project to trap and move 40 bison from the Henry Mountains, to Antelope Island for disease testing, then to their new home in the Book Cliffs. We watched the bison up close while they waited in the chutes for their radio collars and shots. They were not happy to be penned up. They were kicking and thrashing around against the metal walls. It made me a little nervous to be that close to the wild beasts. The kids ate it up.

It is always fun to see Dax at work because he knows what he's doing and has a good time doing it. And as always, he was ultra-smooth when KSL showed up for an
interview. Even though he has been sick all week, it didn't stop him from being a superstar employee, husband, and dad!
4 comments:
Congrats Dax! We watched it on the news & you were awesome!!
Okay, one ox scared me. I have to admit looking at the pictures made me a little nervous/ thrilled. It would be cool to be so close to those wild animals. But scary. You could totally die. I don't think those fences look that strong. But Dax does seem to be the wild creature whisperer. He should do a show on Discovery.
Russ and I saw Dax's interview - way to go, Dax! We can now say we know someone famous. I am so impressed that Dax found the perfect job for him and that he's doing what he loves. I think Russ secretly wishes he had the same job (and wasn't still in school!!). We sure miss you guys -- your family is darling!!
I'm so proud to know someone so famous:) Great job on the interview.
Post a Comment