Three girls came over to eat soup with me Friday and I think it boosted everyone's spirits. JayeCee, Macy, and Leslie came with all or part of their kids and we had so much fun chatting that after a while I had to make everyone sit down and start eating! We shared our funny Mom stories; it is always good to hear that another Mother has gone through the same thing you have. Good therapy. And a good way to get me to finally clean my poor house a bit because when people come into a new house, they always want a tour.
After everyone left, I had the best feeling and was a happy and motivated Mom the rest of the day. Wow, it is amazing what taking a little time for myself will do! (Note to self: do that more often.)
Today (Saturday) is my niece, Mya's 1st birthday and we unfortunately could not travel over to her party but I did mail her a dress that I made for her. I should have tied the back ties so it would be cinched cuter at the waist for the pic, but you get the idea.
Then miraculously, Preslie and Hunter went to a friend's to watch a movie while Mack was napping and I was able to make Preslie a bag for the new scriptures she got for her b-day. I made pockets for her pictures of Jesus and the scripture markers her aunt and uncle gave her.
I have been having a lot of fun sewing lately. I have a lot of undone projects and a few I want to start.My weekend is shaping up nicely, and Dax just called this evening and he is coming home tonight instead of tomorrow night! Lucky me!
6 comments:
Love you girl!! I'm so glad that you had a great time too!! Your projects are absolutely FABULOUS!! Maybe one of these days I could catch a lesson from your creative little mind!! YOU ARE WONDERFUL!!
Cutest little projects I've ever seen!
Your are such a great seamstress! I love your two projects. Love that you got some mom time in, good for you. The soup sounds great for this time of year. Love you Trina
You should totally make a tutorial for that scripture bag for those of us who are a lot more challenged at inventing things (ahem, me). I LOVE homemade chicken noodle soup (with homemade noodles). Are you going to post the recipe?
You are such a talented gal! I LOVE that little dress. It looks like something out of Strawberry Shortcake Land! What a great talent sewing is. I wish I wasn't afraid of my sewing machine. Way to go!
I think you need to post a tutorial on how to make that cute scripture bag. Or if you have a pattern or something you could just email it to me. Because I really, really want to make one and I want mine to be as cute as yours. Please? poanster@yahoo.com
Post a Comment