1/12/10

right now

MACK is always cracking us up with his 2-year-old ideas. We got a huge kick out of him during December when he imitated Santa. He has a ton of "friends" that sleep in his crib with him. He will do just about anything if I pretend one of his stuffed animals is telling him to do it. He still gets into things, but is starting to slow his pace a bit. This month, he hit a milestone and finally enjoys watching movies. And that is all he's wanted to do ever since. After 2 days straight of Sid the Science Kid, I quickly took that DVD back to the library... although, with his lisp, he says it really cute. Whenever he's within arms reach of me, he has a handful of my hair and is tickling his face and ears with it. I feel bad for anyone who doesn't have a toddler in their house. Everything (prayers, meals, family home evening, baths, laundry) is more fun with a 2-year-old!


PRESLIE can be found reading Bailey School Kids books, organizing her eraser collection, or laying out her clothes for school the next day. She knows just how to push everyone's buttons and doesn't hold back in doing so. She is awesome to entertain Mack when I need a shower or when I can't handle him tickling his face with my hair anyMORE. She read everyday in December for 15 minutes or more to earn a Pizza Hut personal pan pizza. (I think I would have just paid the 4 bucks) It is weird, because she doesn't even like pizza. At least that is what she tells us whenever we make it at home. She also doesn't like to get her hair fixed. She is totally self-motivated in school and comes home and gets right on her homework. This is a mother's dream come true.
When HUNTER says, "Mom, check this out!" I always look because you'd better believe it is going to be awesome. It is pure entertainment to watch him dance because he is completely uninhibited. I really really want to find a boys' hip hop class and enroll him. He really has moves! This kid is starting to eat a ton; he is constantly in the pantry with his hand in a box of cereal and can out-eat me any day of the week. Most of his time is spent in his own little world thinking so intently about Hunter stuff that he doesn't see or hear the rest of the world going on around him. He loves movies, transformers, bakugans, and recently got introduced to the world of Star Wars by his dad.
DAX earns the family VIP award for being the man in every aspect of life. When he is not hard at work pleasing the public or helping the state's wildlife, he is gathering and cutting wood, making fires to keep me warm, down on the floor wrestling the kids, or building the most awesome lego creations you ever saw. I love that he enjoys cooking and when he has time, he plans and cooks many of our dinners. He gets up some Sunday mornings and prepares a roast in the crock pot so we can have a yummy meal when we get home from church. I truly could not run this family and home without him. He is a great husband and a super dad. And keeps all of us laughing with his out-of-no-where (and sometimes messed up) humor.
And as for me... I have no pictures of myself because I am the one behind the camera! And nothing really exciting to report.. just the usual. I have basically been on survival mode just keeping the house running.. keeping people fed, clothed, bathed, and getting people where they need to be. I lost Dax as my Den leader assistant but I think he will be great in Young Mens. I finally got Christmas put away today, Jan 12. But I'm not taking down all the Christmas cards yet. For fun, I sewed a dress for my niece last week.

I better go hang out with my husband!
Have a great day!

3 comments:

janet said...

love these kind of posts. It makes me feel like I just hung out with your family. As for Mack, I totally understand... and 3 year olds don't disappoint in the entertainment category either-- so much to look forward to.

Hunter is so like my boys-- always in their own world, thinking up the strangest ideas (and body positions.)

As for Preslie, I would love her at my house. not so much because she's a helper but because she can push buttons..

and I would also love a man that would cook Sunday dinner! Wahoo! Way to survive your way through...

Kati said...

Your kids are so cute and reading about them makes me long for the days when my kids were little. But having teenagers has it's own rewards, just different ones.
I had Gavin in a Break dancing class and he LOVED it! Worth the extra hassle.

Jaedon Flora said...

Tristie I just love reading about your family. I feel so grateful for your blog, otherwise I would never know what your life was like, how the kids are doing, where their cute little personalities are taking them, and most important it is a way to make me feel so much love and connection to my sister. I love you and your family and think you are so wonderful. Thank you for sending me an email telling me I'm positive (big smiles) you are so wonderful and I really needed a sister hug. Thanks for giving it to me. Love bunches!!