My kids are so cute! We walked to the bus stop which is a total fun hangout. Hunter said he was nervous but things seemed to be going well.Then as the bus rounded the corner, I thought I'd snap a pic of Hunter in front of the bus. I did not expect him to high-tail it out of there leaving me with a pic of the bus coming and no boy.
When I got back home, he was there with his shoes and socks off telling me "I don't want to go to school". I threw a few prayers up and calmed things down best I could. Once he was in the car, it was smooth sailing. We walked up to the school and a little girl from Hunter's preschool class came busting out the front doors saying, "Hunter! We're in the same class!" She tried to grab his hand and was totally shut down. But I was so glad there was someone familiar to him. He doesn't do well with transitions or unknowns.
When school was all over, he said it was fun and that he would ride the bus with Preslie tomorrow! Maybe I'll try for another photo by the bus...
4 comments:
I'm so proud of my two little munchkins. They look great all ready for school. I know Hunter will soon be begging to get to there, whether he rides the bus or not.
Oh, I just LOVE the pic of Hunter and Presley holding hands! I've got a kid like Hunter, too. She's a Senior now. I'd like to say it gets better, but it just gets different. I love your captioning of the experience! Too fabulous!
I hope he gets brave enough to ride the bus. Kindergarten is full of lots of new things and can be really overwhelming. I bet he'll warm up to the idea. Darling photos capturing the moments.
I'm laughing out loud right now, and Hailey's wondering why...This is such a cute little vignette. Your posts are awesome!
Post a Comment