8/6/09
the exciting and the everyday
So far, this summer has been so FUN. We've been busy busy with weekend trips, visitors, holiday celebrations, plus fun here at home and in our own community. It is easy to only document the best and most exciting events and occasions but I also want to remember the everyday. I've neglected that in my blogging lately.
DAX has been busy working to provide for our family...keeping bears, antelope and bison in check. He's been reading lots (Eclipse-which he read with me, Catcher in the Rye, Breakfast of Champions) and has recently been cranking out his Masters thesis. Ya-HOO! As always, he continues to feed his obsessions (AR-15 rifles and anything deer hunting related). Dax stays up on current events, latest music, and movies and tries to stay on top of all the weeds in the front yard. His Dad just had a heart procedure done and I am proud of Dax's efforts to be more healthy. He's motivated me to weight-train with him and make cookies less...both things are hard for me to do. I love and appreciate him so much.
swimming pool, and keeping the kids fed, semi-clean, and out of trouble. Designing and decorating our house is always in the back of my mind and I FINALLY purchased a dining table and sofa! I still have 5 windows in my house I need to finish covering. Other than curtains, I've enjoyed sewing skirts. I did a funky patchwork one for Preslie and a pink tiered skirt for my friend's little girl. I also joined the PTA board at my kids' elementary school; I am in charge of doing the bulletin board by the main office. A small, fun job that I think I can handle. I can't wait to get in the mountains and camp. We've gone ZERO times this summer! Sad, I know. We are still in the planning stages of our yard and I love the tomatoes that our 4 plants are giving us. I will plant 20 next year.
PRESLIE has grown up a lot from her 1st grade self and has transitioned from Disney Princesses to singers and rock stars. She has decided to have a rock star birthday party this December and believe me, it will be Suh-WEET! She spends lots of time listening and dancing to music from her blog...her recent faves are Taylor Swift and (of course) Miley Cyrus. She also loves the song "Fire Burning" by Sean Kingston. She definitely has her Dad's ear for a hit. She was so sad that we couldn't go down to the very front to rock out at the Eddie Money concert in town last week. Preslie is sassy, too smart, and a great help to me. She can think of any excuse to get out of trouble. She is currently trying to be tough when I fix her hair so she can grow it long.
unless Preslie is pushing his buttons or someone is cutting his hair or trying to take a picture of him. He is my snuggle buddy and my little surprise comedian. I was trying on a shirt the other day at the store and I said, "This is cute. It's only 3 bucks." then he said, "Mom. That's a SWEET deal!" Then another time he asked if we could invite the Earl family over for dinner and I said, "Sure, we could do that sometime. Where did you get that idea, bud?" then he said, "'Cause it came out of my freakin' brain, THAT'S how!" This week I took him to an occupational therapist to see if he fits the bill for sensory processing disorder. I already feel like I can understand him better. Hunter is on the verge of reading and will start Kindergarten in a few weeks.
hymn in sacrament meeting, he started freaking out crying, "Mommy!" and climbing up me like a frightened cat. So I guess there are set-backs. His loves include: reading books, having songs sung to him, playing outside in the dirt, our neighbor girl Dakota (Dota), Me, riding in the bike trailer, when dogs lick his hand, playing "Don't Eat Pete", and running away from me when he's naked. Also any heavy machinery: he is the only 1-year-old I know that knows the difference between a track hoe and a back hoe. Mack is finally going to bed without crying (6 months in the works). He went from 2 and 3 word phrases last week to full sentences this week. He just learned to pedal his trike. He has everyone in this house whooped.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I can't believe how crazy busy you have been! Loved the updates on everyone. I miss you guys so much!
Ah, the Mangus family. You guys are so cute.
Thanks Tristie for all you are and all you do. The BLOG keeps me in touch although long distance.
Post a Comment