8/16/09

a FUN week


Special delivery! I have been saving my money and looking for a year and finally got us some pretty furniture...

We had to have movie night on the new sofa... Coraline in 3-D. Not really a kid show I found out later. Preslie woke up in the night scared. Note to self: Don't believe the movie store employee when she says a movie is "cute".

Then a fun boating/camping trip to Starvation Reservoir with friends. We piled onto the boat and then it started raining, hailing, and lightening-ing. We hurried back and ran the kids to the cars while getting pelted by hail stones. They were good sports! Yay for Katie's dvd player in her durango.



When there was nicer weather, the kids enjoyed playing in the sand and water.


Katie and Robbie cooked us a gourmet Halibut tinfoil dinner.


Davis and Hunter were two peas in a pod! They played transformers and built sandcastles. Raegann and Preslie also hit it off. They are so cute together.


We forced Preslie to go on the tube. She and Raegann look like they're having some serious girl talk back there.



Then Katie and I took our babies on the tube. Mack was so chill about it- at first anyway, then he was done. We ditched the babies and Robbie gave us a thrill ride.


I tried to wakeboard for the first time and got up for 1 second! UUUGH. So frustrating because the water and wind were not helping me. But fun. Katie is such a good wakeboarder. I want to be like her when I grow up.
Other excitement this week...I registered the kids for school. I can't believe my toddlers are now school kids. I weighed Pres and Hunt this week. Preslie is 53 lbs. and Hunter is 51 lbs. and he is about an inch shorter than her. They are so tall! They are growing up so fast.

4 comments:

K said...

I LOVE the furniture! It was well worth the wait. The reservoir looks like fun, too bad about the hail. I love that you got in the tube with Mack. Too bad he didn't love it though! Still, it was very brave of you:) As for the movies, you must visit my blog for a link to the greatest site a Mom can know. It rates everything in movies so you know what you're getting. It's called Kids in Mind. You must use this tool! You'll never watch a movie without checking there first. I use it even for me. I discovered it after I had to walk out of a movie that was supposed to be so good:)

Anonymous said...

I am so beyond excited for you and your new furniture! You deserve it! Now you have a beautiful new house with beautiful new furniture! You go girl!

dirty mccurdy said...

I love that if you look at the pic of the girls, they are totally talking! Even on the tube they couldn't stop! Can you say, like mother, like daughters! TOO FUNNY

Jaedon Flora said...

Tristie you are way too fun. I love you!