8/10/09

neighborhood party

Just got back from our first neighborhood picnic. the neighborhood has one every summer, which i think is fantastic. it is a great excuse to talk to all the people who you pass by day after day and never have a chance to chat with. I have some really nice neighbors. And now that we're all friends, I know they have my back if there is someone creepy in my yard when I am not home. I feel bad Dax had to miss it but SOMEONE had to survey the sheep in the nearby mountains.
I didn't get any pics at the picnic, but I did get this when I uploaded my pics just now...
and this...

thank goodness for digital cameras. If Preslie would have blown through a whole roll of film back in the day with close-ups of her and Mack, I don't know if I would be so fine with it.


We have 2 camping trips planned for the summer! One this weekend and one next. But I couldn't wait that long to get up in the trees so Saturday Dax was a sweetie and got everything ready to cook dinner in the canyon. So good to get out, even if just for the evening! I like Mack's hot dog eating method with the bun falling to the sides.

I know my posts are pretty low key these days, but I don't care if anyone reads my blog. I don't try to impress, inspire, or entertain. There are basically 3 reasons I update my blog:
  1. so my in-laws have something to do
  2. if my computer ever crashes, at least some of my pictures won't be lost. I am banking on Blogger never failing.
  3. to remember and record our life today and maybe someday I will print me a blog book because who knows when (or if) I will ever scrapbook again.

5 comments:

Melanie said...

I actually have a book made from my blogs, we got the idea from you from one of your posts from a year or two ago. It is awesome and so easy to have made!

K said...

Hey, we blog for the same reasons, minus the number one, since I have no in-laws:) If you end up doing a book let me know how that goes. I think I've pretty much given up on scrapbooking these days, so digital books may be my only hope:)

kkoyle said...

I love your posts, because day to day life can be inspiring in it's own way. Take Care

Accuracy Sports said...

BIG T, thanks for your posts! I check the blog every day or two. I really like to see what is happening in your busy home. These are the "good ol' days" for you. You will look back with fondness at these times with young children and no lawn to mow in the not so distant future.

JayeCee said...

Hey Tristie, I love your blog. I miss you, and since you moved from the ward I hardly see you. Yes, it's mostly my fault. I don't call. And I have failed to visit you. Sorry I'm such a lame-o type friend. I do love your guts though, and am thankful I can see what's going on with your life on your blog.