2 t-shirts and a pair of shorts at Old Navy: FREE (I used my Old Navy Visa when I bought my furniture and racked up $30 bucks in points...I only used $20 of it, though.)
2 dresses, a belt, a pair of shoes at D.I.: $17 bucks (can I just say that DIs in Salt Lake are way better than the one by me)
2 skirts, 2 shirts, 3 camis, 3 baby onesies (for a friend), and a purse at a yard sale: $3
I am pleased with my purchases.
And I am so pleased that my mom taught me how to crochet! She taught me the very basics when I was 8 years old but I've had the hankering to learn some more. After a bit of practice making a dish cloth, I cranked out this hat.
Mom made the flower, which I love. We had so much fun thinking of other colors of flowers to clip to the hats. My girlfriend Katie joined us the next day and learned to make hats, too.
I was thinking about all the hobbies I enjoy and just about hobbies in general. I think creative hobbies are so uplifting because you take simple materials and create something new and more complex and beautiful out of them. It is super rewarding and in a small way, creating is emulating our Father in Heaven. I think He must have enjoyed creating the Earth for us.
The only problem with starting a new hobby is the tendency to let the house go to pot because of how excited I am to finish the project. Thank goodness for Grandma's toys and her cable tv.
And for you bargain hunters out there, shutterfly.com has a promotion right now for a free 8x8 photo book. I did one last summer when they ran this promotion and my Oregon Coast trip is beautifully documented and cost me 7 bucks for shipping. The deal goes til August 26 and the code to enter at checkout is SUMMERBOOK .
Another deal...Free shipping on all Old Navy orders online only. Promotion code is SHIPFREE and it ends August 26 as well. Since moving to the boonies, shopping online is the norm for us and I love free shipping!
Happy deals to you!
5 comments:
Go Girl!! I am impressed. Love the hat, it fits you perfectly!
August 26th? I better get cracking! I know how to crochet the flowers, but how do you do the hat?!? Maybe we can work out some sort of deal :)
I am so impressed with your hat! You are mega talented anyway so it's not a surprise how fast you picked up on that. I so wanted to do the book, but I don't see any humanly possible way it's going to happen in the next two days. Bummer. It's a steal of a deal!
Tristie
That hat is super cute!!! LOVE bargains it makes the stuff you get that much more fun! I am jealous that you got to go on a camping trip with the family. especially Trent. how did you ever pull that off. That is really cool he went!
Tristie - I love your new hobby. I was hoping Mom's crocheting would be passed down and now I don't have to feel guilty about that because I don't know how to do it! YIPPEEEE
Post a Comment